• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ALright sweet dude ordered it all today . your the best and btw check my video out! im trying to get famous!

ALright sweet dude ordered it all today . your the best and btw check my video out! im trying to get famous!

My daughter is a Minecraft fan. I built a faster system for her Christmas gift over the holidays for her to be able to do it better.

By the way, is this your first custom build from scratch? Let us know how it goes.

And I wanted to point out that another $100 would get you a much more potent video card, certainly not needed for games like minecraft, however.

Last edited:
Sick! and yea i might need some help from you haha! and ok give me a link to some cards in price range of 90-250.

I'm probably not the best person to ask about video cards for gaming. That's quiet a price range you're giving me. You can get a very good card for $250.

Look on this NewEgg page which shows all cards in the price range $100-$200: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&N=100007709 4017&IsNodeId=1&name=$100 - $200

Look at the 256-bit (as opposed to 128 bit) GDDR5 cards. Doesn't matter whether they are AMD GPU based or Nvidia. Choose one that has a good price and has good customer reviews (and enough reviews to have a meaningful data base).

You might also look at the forum classified section for video and sound. I saw a couple of Nvidia Fermi 580 cards fro sale, one for only $150. They would be faster than the ones on the above NewEgg page but they would be used.

Yeah, the one Earthdog suggests looks good to me with the rebate especially.

Back