• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD PHENOM II X4 955

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hazzleraflet

Hi all.
Can you guys give any recommendation to improve the CPU frequency speed.
Is it safe to go any further?
BTW its been a month since I overclocked my CPU without crash or freeze

cpuid.png

I would say yes but there aren't any core temps showing in HWMonitor. Try to keep the core under 55c when stress testing

Turn off core unlocker and your temps will return. There is nothing to unlock on a 955. ;)

^^^^^^ both of those are spot on.
I have found that 955/965's will run very nicely at 3800 on the cores and the cpu/nb around 2600 if you keep the peak core temps below 55c.

What are you cooling the CPU with? What motherboard are you using? What make and wattage PSU are you using? What video card? We don't know much about your sysetm.

Hmm. I can confirm that I didnt enable the unlock CPU core.
Already try other sensor software like aida64 and core temp but still no core temp shown.
Maybe my chipset sensor failure :(

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. I can confirm that I didnt enable the unlock CPU core.
Already try other sensor software like aida64 and core temp but still no core temp shown.
Maybe my chipset sensor failure :(

- - - Updated - - -

What are you cooling the CPU with? What motherboard are you using? What make and wattage PSU are you using? What video card? We don't know much about your sysetm.

My CPU was custom water cooled
Mobo MSI 970A-G45
RAM AVEXIR 1600 8gb x2
PSU SEASONIC M12II 620W MODULAR 80+BRONZE
GPU ZOTAC GTX 970 DUAL FAN

hazzleraflet, it would be a courtesy to those helping you if you were to take the hardware info you supplied in the previous post and create a Signature so that it travels with every post you make. That way, every contributer has ready access to the system component info without having to hunt through the thread for it. The Sig tool is found by going to Settings and then looking down the left had margin for "Edit Signature." Add info about case and OS please.

As far as your core unlocker issues, I would clear the cmos with the jumper to reset the cmos. If that didn't cause the setting in bios to report correctly, I would try updating the bios.

Back