• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Radeon HD 7750 2gb VS. AMD Radeon HD 7770 1gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tpc88

Hello guys I am currently in the process of building my first computer and I have everything set except for my graphics card. Originally I was thinking of getting the AMD radeon HD 7750 2gb which is running around 109 dollars but now I am thinking of getting the AMD radeon HD 7770 1gb card which runs around 149. This is my first build so am not looking for anything to fancy but I am currently being forced between these two options. (It is part of a deal) My monitor is a 19'' 1366x768 display so I don't think I really need the extra gig of memory but I am not truly sure. I am planning to play a lot of next gen games but I don't need the highest settings at the moment. Is it worth the extra money for the boost and is it a truly noticeable upgrade? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

:welcome: to the forums!

Can you do us a favor and post up your current build and what your total budget is? Maybe we can help you squeeze some extra out of your budget to get a better video card?

I like using pcpartpicker.com for selecting parts as it is easily editable.

Also: this section is for discussion about RAM/Memory, not video cards. I put in a request to get it moved to the correct area for you.

Currently my budget is at around 750 dollars (With monitor, without it is 650). Here is my set up.

Thermaltake Commander Mid‐Tower Gaming Case
24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+‐R/+‐RW + CD‐R/RW Drive
Intel® Core™ i5‐4670K
120MM Case Cooling Fan
1TB SATA‐III
ADATA XPG V2 2x4gb
19" Widescreen 1366x768 TFT Active Matrix LCD Display
MSI Z87‐G41 Mother Board
500 Watts ‐ Corsair CX500 V2 power supply
AMD Radeon HD 7750 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card

Thank yo for the help. And yes sotty I realized my placement mistake I will move it.

Back