• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD righting the ship?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PD is quite a bit faster than BD, but its looking like they came from fixes in the front end rather than a core redesign. Current estimates say that the BD design is stuck doing nothing 20-30% of the time because it cant get data into the cores fast enough. If you consider that and then add in cache missfetch, and incorrect branch prediction you can start to get a grasp on how inhibited the current offerings are.

So PD already has these improvements? Interesting. Does that temper expectations or am I barking up the wrong tree?

PD doesn't have these enhancements, but it has cleaned up some of the muck that was laid down by BD.

I thought PD's IMC was much more robust (but still not IB levels) than BD?

Thanks for the info... regardless, Im looking forward to seeing a big jump. :)

Robust.. ehh.. It's better, but it isn't extreme by any means. It's nothing like IB (Or SB for that matter), but a decent gain over the Deneb days. I'm hoping it'll put them into the viable category at the very least

On every personal build of mine for the last few years I've looked for an AMD solution first but the performance just hasn't been there. I'd really love for SR to be as good as the hype because management fubars aside, I love AMD as a company. Like others though, I'll believe it when I see it.

Come on RED give me a reason!

Back