• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Those *OTHER* Bulldozer Reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
We're nothing if not equal-opportunity here. You don't just read our review and stop. [H] earned an exclusion from this list because they broke NDA by three hours by posting that their review was coming when the NDA release date and time was under the NDA.

Onethreehill at XS has a great, comprehensive list of reviews. I was going to copy it here (linking there of course), but XS says nothing but "1 hour" at the moment. Heh, it has been > 1 hour. Anyway, I'll post that when XS comes alive again, but to start off, I just got an email from VR-Zone and will post that as well as ours for posterity. Where do you read your reviews? Let's get a comprehensive list!

Overclockers
VR-Zone
Anandtech
Hardware Canucks
Tom's Hardware
Eteknix (explained), Eteknix (review)
Benchmark Reviews
Rage 3D

Last edited:
Thanks Hokie
Can you and/or Dolk offer an explanation (seeing that you guys have the insight) why the FX lags so much behind Intel 1155, 1156 and 1366 chips in the gaming benchmarks?

Thanks Archer, added.

Brolloks, Dolk is working on a detailed architecture article that (in theory) should come out tomorrow, assuming he is able to complete it in time. Mine was pretty cursory and just explained what they did. His should go into more detail there and explain the why. :)

This puts it out there and glad someone said it in the review...

I’m guessing as you read this, you feel very much the same as me, which is empty and disappointed, but I’m still wondering why. I mean, we all knew this would happen didn’t we? We know what AMD are like first and foremost, and we honestly believe that they couldn’t organize a ****-up in a brewery.

It seems that every launch sees AMD releasing an idea, but never the actual product and that generally follows 2-4 weeks later and that’s what our inside sources tell us about the FX-8150:confused:. We all assumed that AMD were releasing the AMD FX Bulldozer range of processors, and whilst they might complain that they have, they simply haven’t. If anything has been released, it’s the FX-8150 and nothing more, but even then, you can’t go and buy it, as no one has stock, so what’s the point?

Surely AMD would have been better off waiting two more weeks until stock was available, and then releasing something that people could actually buy. I’m sure AMD will hate me for this, but these comments need to be voiced and as you all know, we believe in providing honest and truthful articles, without any of the sugar coating. Now we can’t blame AMD completely, well we can but we won’t. Maybe some miscommunication happened throughout the whole world and the FX-8150 was wrongly tested or more importantly, what it was tested against.

Last edited:
Back