• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus V Gene Owner Resources - BIOS, Guide, Reviews, and Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it's looking nice but I will probably never get wc blocks for power section ... or I find them really cheap :p ( and they are never cheap enough ;) )

about bios ... I see no difference in overclocking since 0904 , checked 1204 last week but for me it was working like older versions

Question for you Gene V owners. I have a Gene IV, using it in a CM Elite 371 case w/ an Antec Kuhler 920. I really love this board, but I'm kind of hot for the V mostly because of the mPCIe slot. My question is this, the mPCIe board from pictures I've seen looks pretty big. I am wondering whether its going to prevent me from mounting my radiator in the rear of the case, or for that matter any standard 120mmx25mm fan? I suppose I can move the radiator to the top of the case if that's a problem? Would love to stick a wireless/bt mini card in my rig along with a small ssd for my hackintosh partition.

Thx guys..

Question for you Gene V owners. I have a Gene IV, using it in a CM Elite 371 case w/ an Antec Kuhler 920. I really love this board, but I'm kind of hot for the V mostly because of the mPCIe slot. My question is this, the mPCIe board from pictures I've seen looks pretty big. I am wondering whether its going to prevent me from mounting my radiator in the rear of the case, or for that matter any standard 120mmx25mm fan? I suppose I can move the radiator to the top of the case if that's a problem? Would love to stick a wireless/bt mini card in my rig along with a small ssd for my hackintosh partition.

Thx guys..

I have a Gene V with two rad´s in a CM690 II and the mpcie slot has a 32gb ssd for cache and it work as charme...

I have a Gene V with two rad´s in a CM690 II and the mpcie slot has a 32gb ssd for cache and it work as charme...

I have a wireless card and, soon, I will have a 32GB SSD for Linux root. It's a little bit of a PITA due to how my radiators and tubes are mounted but it works and that's what matters.

I have a wireless card and, soon, I will have a 32GB SSD for Linux root. It's a little bit of a PITA due to how my radiators and tubes are mounted but it works and that's what matters.

My top rad as 1 inch and 1/2 so i think it will not be a problem for you, the bottom rad as almost 3 inch´s, it´s for CPU and other for GPU and works flawlessly :D

Just a heads up for everyone, a bunch of new software got posted to the Asus site over the past few weeks. Big news is Asus Suite got updated to v2.0. Not sure what the changes are, but I'm installing now.

I'll have to check that when my HX850 arrives from the RMA. Any idea how long does Corsair take to replace PSUs?

Did you ask if they cross ship ?

I always ask they just charge you cc and ship you out a new one if they offer it

Take a look at my rig (link in the sig) to get an idea of how much room you'll have. I didn't use the mPCIe slot, but I do have a 120.1 rad in the back.

I cannot see much room, maybe you´re wright, and you should put a rad in the middle of cpu/gpu because you are sending the hot water from the cpu to the gpu. The best loop is pump+rad+cpu+rad+gpu+reservoir-pump..But it looks nice the cabling sleeving...

I cannot see much room, maybe you´re wright, and you should put a rad in the middle of cpu/gpu because you are sending the hot water from the cpu to the gpu. The best loop is pump+rad+cpu+rad+gpu+reservoir-pump..But it looks nice the cabling sleeving...

Wrong. Best loop is shortest loop. When the water inside the loop reaches equilibrium, the water in the GPU block and the water in the CPU block will have the same temperatures. Remember, in the blocks. On-die temperature might differ.

The common thinking is that the water moves so fast through the loop that it doesn't matter what order things are in. It'll all reach equilibrium eventually.

I use to have the pump+cpu+rad+reservoir+pump and when i add the 2nd rad and the 680 block i have change the loop to pump+rad+cpu+rad+gpu+reservoir-pump and lost 8/10º Cº, and i don´t thinj that´s because the 2nd rad. The meaning of radiator is to refresh water/liquid before it gets to something..... google it and you will see a bunch of peolple using this loop after trying others..

Then we must be wrong and science does not work. Oh, wait. Science does work. Most times.

You added extra surface, it's easier for your system to dissipate that extra heat, you get lower temperatures. It's not rocket science.

Back