• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus V Gene Owner Resources - BIOS, Guide, Reviews, and Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use to have the pump+cpu+rad+reservoir+pump and when i add the 2nd rad and the 680 block i have change the loop to pump+rad+cpu+rad+gpu+reservoir-pump and lost 8/10º Cº, and i don´t thinj that´s because the 2nd rad. The meaning of radiator is to refresh water/liquid before it gets to something..... google it and you will see a bunch of peolple using this loop after trying others..

Sounds like the 2nd radiator helped your temps a lot. The position in the loop didn't matter.

Our water cooling forum has been around for about a decade, and there are a lot of people there with experience, including those who have experimented with loop order and even taken temperature readings at different points in the loop.

With decent flow rate, the coldest water in the loop varies within a couple degrees from the hottest water in the loop. Basically, the water moves quickly enough that its all pretty much the same temperature.

What matters to your resulting temperatures is the amount of radiator you have, the amount of flowrate, and the amount of airflow. Loop order, is common knowledge, and it does not matter. Years ago more people used to say that putting radiators between components helped, these days it is very rare for anyone to claim that... Mostly because more people are more experienced, and because there has been quality testing by people in the community like Skinnee and Martin.

I don't mean any offense by contradicting you, and :welcome: to the forums, we just wouldn't tell you something incorrect. A lot of people commonly get this stuff wrong, but around here, we try to make sure people base their opinions on experience and actual testing.

can you help me any links or thread where i can find how to overclock 3770k on this board. just for gaming not extreme overclocking i'm not in to benchmark score i just want to improve the clock of my 3770k thanks..

and if i have a rad H60 ,and my case is fractal design define mini.,would mPCIE combo would fit even i attach the rad at the back?thanks

Just enter bios and change the CPU multiplier - you have an unlocked chip, so to get a little extra performance all you have to do is change the CPU multi. It's really simple that way.

You can increase the multi a few notches without changing voltage even. If you increase it and it crashes or isn't stable, set voltage a little higher. For example, I would start by just set voltage manually to 1.3V, and see how far you can take the multi without it getting crashy on you.

Give that a try, and let us know how that goes for you. It's an easy start, and gives you a taste without getting into too many details at first.

I'm jumping in on this thread as I'm stumped !

How do you set the vcore higher than 1.5v on boot? as I keep getting a CPU overvoltage error on startup when I set it higher, is it that you can only do it through ai suite or rog connect :shrug:

Mark

I'm jumping in on this thread as I'm stumped !

How do you set the vcore higher than 1.5v on boot? as I keep getting a CPU overvoltage error on startup when I set it higher, is it that you can only do it through ai suite or rog connect :shrug:

Mark

you have to disable it under the bios voltage reading for the vcore

Ah ha .... The sneaky bios menu for monitoring looks like it is not adjustable and is literally just monitoring and giving the values.... UNTIL you click on said voltage then a option to ignore appears. Thanks Hokie, it was more of a gripe than a problem as you can still raise vcore above that 1.5v using ai suite but still now that's solved, onto the next one :rolleyes:

there is also option in last tab to disable stop at errors, then it will pass you no matter what you set

Guys, hi...I was wondering which is the best bios version for psc ram...
Also, mem tweakit isn't working with my current G620 sb chip, nor Turbo V, I can't change anything from within windows.
Any clues?
Thanks!

any bios is good , go with latest and it will be fine

about windows software, you have to enable asus services ( if you turned them off ) and it should work or you are missing something in your system like chipset drivers

Guys, I need some help...after doing 106.9 bclk and submitting lots of benches I got a lockup and the system shutdown. After trying to turn it on and clear cmos I can't boot at all.
All I see is the power led blink for a sec and then nothing happens, and if I try pressing power again without unplugging the psu the mobo does nothing.

:s

i had a buddy that his mb was working fine on ss then when he tried ln2 it stopped working was getting A2 code but i had an extra bios chip from a dead MVG and its working now and he was on the latest bios so idk wut really happend im on 1204 after that happend idk if i wanna flash mine to the newest cuz of wut happend to his :shock:

No nothing...only the supremefx, start/reset buttons light up the whole time the board has power.
When I turn it on fans spin for a second and the power led in the case lights up for a seconnd aswell, and then nothing.
corrupted bios sounds likely.
I'll try flashing another bios using rog connect.

Back