• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X vs Intel Core i9-10980XE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Based on what's shown in Ryzen master, turning on PBO seems to significantly unlimit PPT, EDC and a 3rd one I can't remember the name of. PPT is socket power, the other two were short and longer duration current limits. I do recall on my testing with 3600 Cinebench R15 was able to take it to 88W PPT, but unlimiting it (by going manual mode, not using PBO) didn't make it run much differently as it seemed 89W was about the most it would take. Implicitly a 3700X with its extra 2 active cores might have pushed a bit further, as would the 12/16 core CPUs.

When is the core i9 10980XE release date?

Well the i9-9900KS has a release date of October 30th for $513, so it could actually come that same day or just a couple weeks after that. Officially it's release is Q4 so that could also mean December 31st 2019.

Back