• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD Ryzen Win7 ISO Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ive chucked in a wiped sata SSD, removed the NVME and a clean install, then chipest drivers and anything else it needs.

Id buy a ISO with all the updates slip steamed in if I could get one but I guess Ill have to try again with NTlite. I just want the system running at the min. Thanks again Johan, Ill get there and report back, cheers guys.

Nope still no go with drivers. The ones on the support disc are win10 and wont install in win7. I still think I'm going to have to slipstream the AMD chipset drivers and the USB drivers. If I can get that working ill put the OS image on my NVME drive, or Ill try to, it worked with the Sabertooth 900fx anyway. On the second OS install tonight right now.

AHHH A PARTIAL WIN I HAVE USB SUPPORT WORKING

AMD Chipset Drivers
Revision Number
1.11.22.0454 HAVE PARTLY WORKED

Last edited:
I have finally been successful in slipstreaming a Win7 ISO for the 500 series chipset. I used the process from the front page and started with a fresh Win7 then added updates/ hotfixes and drivers using NtLite. Thanks go out to Canon over at win-raid forums for coming up with a set of drivers that works. Here's the link https://www.win-raid.com/t4960f52-S...B-Controllers-of-new-AMD-Chipset-Systems.html I used the very first set listed in his first post that don't require the security patch.

Just looking over this guide. Ended up getting a b450 steel legend and the 3200g, I was looking near the bottom of the first post about obtaining the CPU drivers. I went onto the AMD website but it only has Windows 10 64bit drivers nothing for Windows 7 for the 3200g. So is it not possible to put Windows 7 with the 3200g? the b450 support page has motherboard drivers for Windows 7.

You might have to install with a discrete card then try and get the APU to run on Win7 Radeon drivers. I don't know for sure never tried an APU

So will the CPU work in the motherboard on Win 7? I'm just concerned Win 7 won't see the CPU, the graphics side i'm not worried about since I will be using a GTX 1660 Ti as the GPU.

I have tried to google around to see if anyone has done something similar but not getting anything coming up. The motherboard support page has Windows 7 64bit drivers - https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/#Download there is an AMD all in one VGA driver.

Would the system just not work since I can't find Windows 7 64bit drivers for the CPU?

I saw on some forum about Ryzen CPU's using the same driver? (not sure if this is by series ie 3000 series 2000 series etc).

This might sound like a dumb idea but would Windows 10 64bit driver work on Windows 7? I am thinking there wouldn't be a way to get the system to pick up the windows 10 driver on windows 7 automatically.

My plan was remove the drivers that are motherboard related to rid my system of the old motherboard drivers then shove all the new stuff in system 32, since I figure Windows 7 will look there for drivers for the new hardware? or is this just a stupid idea?

Last edited:
Windows 7 will work on all AM4 motherboards, I have had it running on 3xx,4xx and 5xx series chipsets. The newer ones took a bit more work.
If I were you I would do a clean install, there are a lot of differences between AM3 and AM4, the MSI tool I linked earlier makes it relatively painless.
IF you go ahead and try to get the old HDD to work I would suggest getting a cheap PCIe USB controller and install it before moving the drive to your new board. That way you'll still have some USB function if you need to install other drivers or point device manager to the right drivers for xHCI/usb hub

Can I bypass the need for working USB slots if I remote into the machine via Windows remote assistance? (If trying to run w/o a OS reinstall).

or use USB 2.0 ports? Since correct me if I am wrong, the issue is with the USB 3.0 ports.

Will also make a USB Win 7 installer as well so I have all bases covered.

I have no idea if remote would work, the issue is with the handoff protocol of AHCI vs XHCI, in the end, no USB will work without the XHCI driver

Would it be possible to bypass the USB issue by using a USB to PS2 adapter with my current keyboard?

The adapter wouldn't also need a driver right?

I tried that but it didn't work for me. I would suggest finding a PS/2 mouse that will get you through installation. I pick them up at thrift store for a couple bucks

With the Covid 19 pandemic and my wife recently being taken to the hospital for emergency surgery, I have not yet been able to get my system back up and running (that being said my desktop monitor has gone on me, have ordered another one but have to wait for it to be shipped). I was reading around and there was mention about using USB 2.0 ports since they will still function?? Would I then be able to use the USB 2 headers on my motherboard hook them up to the ports on my case then just use those to bypass the whole USB issue?

AFIK it doesn't work that way, Win10 needs xHCI drivers to access any USB including 2.0

Right but these systems are designed for Win10 and only use the xHCI protocol that's the issue with Win7 is the lack of official drivers

PSA - B450M Steel Legend w Ryzen 3200G users

Just as an FYI.

Tried the Gigabyte tool suggested in earlier by another user, doesn't work with B450M Steel Legend w Ryzen 3200G.

Not sure if its the motherboard or CPU that is the issue. When I get a chance I will try what is in the OP, is anyone able to confirm if this process would work on my board/cpu?

I have a fully working ISO for installing on X570 and Ryzen 3000. Haven't tried 5xxx yet but I assume it will work since it's the same chipset. I used these drivers which come from winraid forums I posted back in post 43I used the ones that didn't need the security patch.
As for the APU, I can't say. You would likely need a separate graphics card since I don't believe they offer Win7 drivers for the APU's IGP.
I just found this thread, canonking is the same dude who solved the xHCI driver so it'll likely work for the APU if you have the patience to figure it out.
https://www.sevenforums.com/graphic...00g-radeon-vega-graphics-aus-prime-b450m.html

I am running 3200g with a 1660ti.

If I use the tools in your link do you think I will be ok?

Like I tried when I did an upgrade install using the drivers that come from the asrock website which constantly caused bsods with amdxachi every few boot ups.

The USB ports worked fine with that driver but that BSOD driving me nuts. Going to fresh install just wanting to make sure that what is available will/should work. Then I will have the task of installing everything again which I am dreading.

Honestly, I can't answer that question. Not sure what was up with your install. I use it mainly for benchmarking, there are a few security patches and C++ 2015 that I install to get things to work properly. After that, I can use it for a few days and I don't get blue screens unless they're self-inflicted.
After you had Win7 installed did you run the AMD chipset driver installer?

I manually installed the drivers via device manager, wasn't sure if I should run that AMD setup since I think that is for the 3200g APU. Didn't want it to conflict with my nvdia drivers.

Back