• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Screws Gamers: Sponsorships Likely Block DLSS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

This turned into a very interesting discussion (AKA s***s***), original video + followup

AMD Screws Gamers: Sponsorships Likely Block DLSS

Replying to Comments: AMD Likely Blocks DLSS (Angry Fanboy Edition)

It does suck, I really like using dlss with my 3080 as it lets me play at 4k at a reasonable (60-120) framerate with settings around high. FSR is fine but not as good as dlss.

i game at `1080 so it doesnt really apply, frankly i think its going to be good for competition although i'm not sure AMD is the one to be competitive, seems intel is gaining ground fast.

I get a bit miffed if i cant disable DLSS, i recently was in a beta for a game where i couldnt turn it off, it was frankly annoying. I see little things that bother me, the picture quality with DLSS on is not as clear as with it off. and thats not specific to any one game, i've noticed it in almost all of them with it enabled so far

Both companies have done it for years. https://www.techspot.com/community/...ruth-lacking-on-tech-sites-these-days.270113/

I miss 3DFX

The article is slanted against nVidia because AMD (ATi) does similar crap.

I am currently balanced. I get what I feel will do the job. If Cyrix rose from the dead and had something that fit where I had a need, I would buy their product.

Hey, I have always been anti-overlord, pro-underdog but it never stopped me from buying what I feel is best for my need.

Last edited:
It's not right, but I don't care much as I have a hard time finding any game that would be interesting enough to even start it. It's not even about the high games cost, but even if they're free then I wouldn't touch most AAA titles, not to mention others.
I have XBOX and I can't find anything to play. Most games are like 5-7 versions of the same idea ( Halo, Gears, etc.) or are simply boring. I passed some less popular titles in the first 2-3 months and since then my XBOX is collecting dust.
On PC I play only mmorpg, literally the same game for last 7 years, and recently also Diablo 4. The most time, I guess, I spent playing Switch games and I still have the latest Zelda waiting. The cheapest console with the worst specs is actually the most fun for me, so as long as DLSS is great, then I don't really care about it.

Yep with the exception of VR (and then even it is somewhat limited) its just a push for money. Very little room for creativity.

Back