• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Socket A 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stryfe434

I've flashed to the new Uber bios which supposively has softmod done to it, but when I change my fsb to 200, I get no monitor and the computer reads at default speeds.

it's an asus a7n8x deluxe nforce 2... v2.0

any idea how I can get the fsb up to 200 without having problems? I don't want to do that wire mod on the socket.

Do you have pc3200 memory? I have a A7N8X 1010 bios -2600 mobile and it does 200FSB --11x200.

What are you running stock? You can't just slam it into 200mhz and expect it to work. Try 170,180,190 and see what happens. You may notice instability at 190 that you need to fix before going up to 200mhz. Have you tried raising the vcore or chipset voltage?

And as athlonhead said, your memory will need to support 200mhz. (PC3200 should do just fine, as long as the timings are correct. You may have to manually set them)

I agree with both responders, your ram needs to support ddr400 speeds(pc3200)

although, i don't agree with the second reply, which said you need to creep up to it, assuming your ram can, it should be just as easy as setting the cpu frequency to 200

athlonhead said:
Do you have pc3200 memory? I have a A7N8X 1010 bios -2600 mobile and it does 200FSB --11x200.

The 2600 Mobile is a totally different chip. But I agree that a regular 2600+ should hit 2.2GHz.

On creeping up the FSB... in my experience, that provides no benefit at all. It's less time consuming to just shoot for a realistic overclock taking into consideration the speed of the RAM (like 400 MHz on a 2600+) and if it doesn't boot, back it down until it does or if it does, bump it a couple hundred more. Once you find the limit you can start messing with Vcore... remember that most temp increases are caused by voltage increases. Also, it's safer to bump the memory voltage than it is to bump the CPU voltage... I'd probably bump that a bit first, 2.2V or 2.3V before going to the CPU voltage for a higher clock.

Back