• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Tech Tour 2006

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trey_w

AMD Tech Tour 2006

Learn first-hand about exciting and innovative offerings from AMD and Microsoft, co-sponsors for this year's Tech Tour. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to network with other professionals. Explore the potential of AMD64 technology and preview Microsoft Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
We know this will have a tremendous impact on your business.

Sincerely,
AMD and Microsoft

Burlington, MA May 1
East Brunswick, NJ May 3
Washington, DC May 11
Toronto, Canada May 18
Arlington Heights, IL May 25
Kansas City, KS June 1
Vancouver, Canada June 6
Seattle, WA June 8
Sunnyvale, CA June 13
City of Industry, CA June 15
Dallas, TX June 19
Houston, TX June 21
Atlanta, GA June 27
Ft. Lauderdale, FL June 29

To unsubscribe from future communications related to the AMD/Microsoft Tech Tour, send an email to [email protected].

Desktop Deal

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Processor
Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS
MSI Motherboard K8NGM2-NBP NVidia C51 NBP chipset
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound card - SB 0460

Server Deal

AMD Opteron Dual-Core Processor, Model 165
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003
Premium Edition
TYAN Motherboard S2865G2NR

Bundle Pricing and Registration will begin
next week.

Last year Desktop deal was $250 and Server deal was $500

Here's a link to the Tyan board specs and a link to the MSI board specs, but I don't see a NBP version of the MSI board. :shrug: The server bundle would make an interesting machine, but $500 sounds a bit steep for a price-slashed OEM 165. :-/ A similar retail bundle at Monarch is $480 without the OS, so I guess it comes down to wether or not you need Server 2003.

Last edited:
we don't know the actual price yet, we'll know it next week and get ready for registration. I've heard you can get T-Shirt, Hats and other stuff for FREE if you attend the Tech Tour

is it a first come first serve thing? can you buy more than one? does everyone go home happy? im considering the kansas city stop

It's usualy got a limit of one of each bundle per person. So if you can make it to one, you coudl come home with a 4000+ and a 165 for around $750(assuming they use last year's prices). :)

it would only cost me around 30 bucks to drive there and back. i bet shipping on all that stuff would be close to that. i think im taking the day off from work. ;)

Has anyone been to one of these before? It sounds like fun even without the sweet deals. I'll keep my eyes peeled for updates.

Do you think personal users are welcomed to purchase the business package? i would like the 165 for myself and i know someone who could use the software. i hope they dont guilt trip me or even worse, i need to show proof of business.

Last edited:
Both bundles are at nice prices when you consider the OS, but they are still a bit disappointing. I wish the desktop deal included a dual core processor like a 4200+ and the server deal had included a 265 and a cheaper dual processor motherboard like a Asus K8N-DL Of course, if they had offered that, I would have been annoyed as I just purchased a K8N-DL setup. ;)

SO what exactly happens if you go? And is there any info as to where specifically the events are held? i.e. where in burlington. And is it free to go?

If the OS has a retail licence and the prices are close to the same.. score!

last year we bought the desktop bundle. It was an impusle buy. Turn out the mobo suck and very limited. Hopefully, this yr they offer a better deal.

Bleh. Not too impressed. I was really hoping for a dual socket server board bundle, 940 opteron board with at least a single core 940 included. A dual core opteron included would have been a big score.

If the prices are right I'll think about going. But if they're noticably higher than last year its not worth the drive.

80+ mile drive for me to city of industry ....

HHmm ...price of the packages will have to be worth the drive for me to go .

We shall see what happens .

Dang price of gas will be $3.00+ a gallon before then too :rolleyes: .

Back