• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Tech Tour 2006

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EvilCloudStrife said:
where is the pheonix love? :(

Yeah!

Or Tempe? Mesa? Snottsdale?

Heck, we could probably get 20 OCF members there, if they bothered to show up.

steve

This year blows and is not a good deal after all. At least it saves me from taking a day off of work. No more rumors, tax id is required.

Desktop:
- AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Processor
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS
- MSI Motherboard K8NGM2-NBP NVidia C51 NBP chipset
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound card - SB0460
PRICE: $410.00

Server:
- AMD Opteron Dual-Core Processor, Model 165
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
- TYAN Motherboard S2865G2NR
PRICE: $650.00

** This bundle is intended only for solution providers and system builders.
AMD and Microsoft require a Tax ID to qualify for this or any tech tour bundle promotion.

Im not sure if im going to pick up the deal. Theres still a chance, because luckily the first stop isnt at my location. The best thing for me to do is just wait until after the first few stops and see what kind of success non-business owners are having trying to get the package and their techniques.

meh, i dont think ill go. If the deal was better i would get it, but it isnt worth it in my opinion. If it lands on a weekend i might consider it, but i think it is a weekday. City of industry is the closest for me. If anyone else is going to that then i might join them.

It's almost a good deal for me, because I could ditch the sound card and XP Pro on ebay and end up with a good CPU and sorta good mobo for about $210, but it's still just not a very good deal. Maybe if it was $210 out the door I'd go for it, but as it is it's too much effort to get a meh deal.

i dont think this is a good deal at all

currently Monarch running 337 - $67 for 165 + 120 DFI board <<400
better than the $410 desktop bundle

yeah id like to know also, theyre coming to Arlington Heights which is just across the wisconsin/illinois border and i might consider going to that...if i really felt like it...and it landed on a weekend....curious to know the proceedings

Back