• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP-M 2400 (35w) or XP-M 2600 (45w)??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amrathe

Okay.. I need the opinions of all the AMD OC Veterans..

Which chip is better for high overclocks.. A 35w Mobile 2400 or a 45w Mobile 2600??

My goal is to hit as high as possible on a NF7-S motherboard and OCZ 3500EB Ram. (I don't mind doing volt mods and L12 Mods)

Tomorrow is payday and I want to grab the chip so I can install next weekend.

Thankee' for your time.

the 35w 2400 can be a great clocker, or it can be mediocre.
the 45w 2600 is usually a good clocker, id go with the 2600 to have better chances of hitting higher clocks

so get the 2600

Well, if you get a M2400 35W from Excaliber your chip will be a good OCer depending on the rest of your system. Honestly though, the 35W chips are know to outdo the 45W chips because they are able to operate the same speeds with less voltage. I know someone that has a 35W M2400 that can do 2.4Ghz at 1.6V. That is good considering most ppl with a 45W chip need 1.7V or higher.

IMHO, go with the M2400 35w for a higher overall OC.

I actually asked the exact same question a week or so back. Link here: 35w 2400+ or 45w 2600+?

I ended up going w/ the 2600+ mobile from newegg. I haven't had the chance to set it up yet (still waiting on memory), but the stepping is an 0351MBMW, which I've heard really good things about.

Thanks

Thanks for the link.. I'll read up on it..

I am gathering a boatload of pics for a complete thread on all my system upgrades.. Expect a post in the near future (new chip, board, memory, cooling system, Fan Controller)

Im not sure. Im willing to go with the good or medicore vote. My 35w does 2.46 @ 1.8v. Soooo I dunno. I would say go with the 2600+ unless ur willing to take a chance

Back