• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A7N8X-E with a AMD 2600+ XP-M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeedMoreFPS

Heyas,

I wanted to try out an AMD XP-M chip, but the system isn't POST'ing. I stripped down the motherboard leaving only the processor and heatsink/fan on the board, left all the settings at default for auto-detect, but it won't even beep trouble codes at me for missing memory or video card. At this point I would say the CPU is a goner, but I'm wondering if the BIOS on the board needs updated to recognize the chip. I've read about other folks using the same MB/chip combo I'm trying. Unfortunately there is no BIOS version indicated on board itself. Here's the specs:

Mainboard: ASUS A78NX-E Deluxe, version 1.01
CPU: AMD Mobile 2600+ XP-M 266FSB
Thermal Interface: Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
Cooling: Spire-Cooler WhisperRock IV
PSU: 400W ATX

That is constructive. :rolleyes:

You might want to take our the processor and see if it gets a beep code. Mine booted up right away but read it as an unknown AMD processor. If you can try to get another processor to test or another board to try your AXP-M in.

JT

Back