• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35N 400 Ultra & MN31N MoBos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
for the bios you only need the .exe file on the disk. You don't have to run awardflash and type in the name. The exe file you downloaded will flash the bios for you if youre in dos or extract into awardflash and rom file in windows.

Am I the only one for whom the vcore on the CPU jumps around a lot on this mobo? I'm presently running a Barton 2500+ @ 225x10.5 = approx 2370 mhz @ 2.00 vcore but sissoft reports the vcore regularly dips down to 1.94 or so. I just bought an Antec 550 Watt PSU so I hope that's not the cuplrit.

Presently my processor temps sit around 36C at full load but I can't run any faster, presumably because of the Vcore. Is there any way to volt-mod this mobo? 2.00 volts just isn't enough.

Still it's a great value, certainly beats out my old KT333 :)

Most motherboards don't maintain a stable vcore especially at such a high one.

My best suggestion would be to put some heatsinks on the mosfets.

Hi Guys,

Got the new system up n running , the gear is a 1700 Tbred DUT3C w Barton 2500 sink fan, Asus V7700 Deluxe, 512 PC2100 Mushkin Level II, 41 GB Deskstar aka Deathstar (my other one is on way back from from RMA) LG 4x burner in an Antec 3700 case with a 120 mm exhaust fan and a VA520 15" LCD that I got for a smoking deal after rebates = of $170 US w tax.

I am running 166 fsb all I had to do was bump vcore to 1.675 and vdimm to 2.7, I have not had time to bench at all mem timings are 6,2,2,2. Next I need to figure out what it will top out at and just leave it slightly under that level, I would be happy to get 175 fsb at 12x.

Guys I used the cd driver disc for the nvidia drivers as I am on dial up till I get my ADSL transferred, should I go with the new 2.45's from nvidia and I did not install the SW IDE drivers I used Windoze natives.

Funnyperson1, any idea what the Asus V7700 is good for as far as an overclock. I installed the 44.03's from Asus site and the Smart Doc Utility and it shows default clock /mem as 200/333, I thought these cards were 200/400, anyways I am hoping with stock card cooling and adequate case cooling I can get 215/400 is this conceivable?? Have not got time to tinker right now off to bed justy wondering as I need to squeeze any juice I can from video card so this ssytem can run UT2003 at least at 1024x768.

Also should I flash bios to newest, oops I see you guys recommend a flash to the latest bios will give it a whirl? My board revision is 1.1.

Cisco KId

I am still running off the cd drivers, they seem fine to me.

As for the 7700, it is a GTS so 200/333 is the right speed for it. As for overclocking the good GTS cards could get close to 400 on the ram. It depends mostly on your luck. 215 on the core is almost guaranteed, you can probably hit 220-230.

I would flash to the newest bios as it makes a couple more cpu multipliers available.

funnyperson1 said:

As for the 7700, it is a GTS so 200/333 is the right speed for it. As for overclocking the good GTS cards could get close to 400 on the ram. It depends mostly on your luck. 215 on the core is almost guaranteed, you can probably hit 220-230.

I would flash to the newest bios as it makes a couple more cpu multipliers available.

coo coo, gonna falsh to newest bios and then up the clock/mem on the vid card, can not wait to get dsl and get the updates for windowze.

Cisco KId

anyone know where to get the MN31N for a decent price? newegg has them in stock now but they are $84! A far cry from what you all are saying you bought them for.

Too bad I am not a bit more impulsive, they had refurbed ones last week for $50 or so. :cry:

funnyperson1 said:

quick question, I can sell the V7700 and replace it with a Radeon 64 DDR vivo, for like $10 more but I am wondering between the 2 which would be better for gaming, seems the GTS may be faster, but the R may play newer games better with the extra 32 ddr also, thoughts before I begin loading software so I can avoid a format.

Cisco Kid

Hello All, I'm not familiar with what ATI card your talking about Cisco but more memory is always good thing in my book :D Is this a Radeon 7500 or 8500? You can always OC your card with Powerstrip or Radeonator to squeeze a bit more out of it.
Regards, Balrog

Its an original Radeon. Back in the day I remember the 64mb VIVO being a little faster than the GTS in most games. Nowadays though its probably even better since texture size has kept increasing. Also the VIVO features are nice to have.

Imho, I would use the Radeon.

funnyperson1 said:
Its an original Radeon. Back in the day I remember the 64mb VIVO being a little faster than the GTS in most games. Nowadays though its probably even better since texture size has kept increasing. Also the VIVO features are nice to have.

Imho, I would use the Radeon.

yeah thats what I was thinking, now to start tweaking this system

Thanks

I wont make a new post since this seems to be the unofficial AN35 thread.

But I probably will soon get a stick of 512mb Geil 3500 Platinum. I'll report back how it works. the Mushkin has impressed me but..I need more than 256 and don't have the money for two of these Mushkins.

Hello All, Hey FP1 you going to run that in single channel then? Have you found you can run higher FSBs or bench better in single channel vs. dual? I'm hoping to get my PC3200 Buffalo/Winbonds in a few more weeks.
Regards, Szandor

Single channel it would be. I wish I could run dual, but two sticks cost too much for me. I would just buy another 256mb Mushkin but thats 60$ where I can get some Geil for 80-90$.

I take that back, Ill be doing dual channel. 2x256 Geil 3500 I got off ebay. I would have bought another Mushkin but their 10% summer discount doesn't apply anymore.

Hello All, You just have a memory fetish FP1 :D Whats this like the 4th different sticks you've used in the last month? Sounds good! - keep us posted, gonna flash the BIOS update on my AN35N this afternoon, hope it goes well. Hows school this semester?
Regards, Balrog

Last edited:
lol. Actually I have only had two different sticks. One crucial 2100 (which I replaced for obvious reasons), and one Mushkin 3200. Both were 256mb sticks. I realized 256 wasn't enough. I was going to get a stick of 512mb of Geil from the forums, but the deal fell through so I got 2 256 sticks off ebay.

As for school, the workload could be better, but the campus, food, and women are very appealing ;).

Sounds good FP1, hows the football team this year? Last I knew Virginia Tech usually had a pretty good one, I haven't caught them this season though. Did you flash your AN35N to the latest BIOS? If so did you do it from DOS or AWDFlash?
Regards, Balrog

Well we're 2-0, first game 49-21, second game 43-0 so were doing decently, ranked 9th in ESPN poll. You should watch the Texas A&M Game next Thursday as well as the Miami game a ways down.

I flashed to the latest bios using a bootable cd and the exe file from the website. If you run the exe from dos it will flash the mobo for you. From windows it will extract into awdflash and rom file. Imho its a pretty cool method.

Back