• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35N 400 Ultra & MN31N MoBos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey FP1, Yeah I guess VA Tech is still kicking butt! I'll definitely catch those games, hope they show them up here, we get a lot of B.C. and Notre Dame games - Ugh! Hopefully they'll have them on ESPN/2, I missed the pre-game stuff on ESPN last Thursday so I hadn't heard the news or rankings. Yup I flashed my board using the exe file on the bootable disk method, worked smooth and easy. Now I've got to scrape up the coin for my PC3200, yup its addicting. Well gotta go see what the new multis give me, thats all there was on the update right I hadn't heard or seen any other changes? Damn with all this football talk, I need a beer!
Regards, Balrog

Last edited:
Did I hear BEER, hehehe, I will post my results this weekend when I have some time to fiddle, but I do have this Mushkin PC2100 Level II running 178 fsb at 6,3,3,2 but I have not tested it too much just surfed quickly no quirks thus far, and do not even have an idea of temps of the 1700 but I am sure it is fine and ram will crap out first for sure

FP1 yeah you should start an official thread on AN35N, great value board

Cisco KID

Hello All, Hey Cisco your not using MBM5 to monitor your temps, voltages and fans? Works sweet on my rig. New version even has direct support for AN35N.
Regards, Balrog

Cisco Kid said:
Did I hear BEER, hehehe, I will post my results this weekend when I have some time to fiddle, but I do have this Mushkin PC2100 Level II running 178 fsb at 6,3,3,2 but I have not tested it too much just surfed quickly no quirks thus far, and do not even have an idea of temps of the 1700 but I am sure it is fine and ram will crap out first for sure

FP1 yeah you should start an official thread on AN35N, great value board

Cisco KID

Cisco Kid, both MBM5 and Sandra work fine for monitoring temps with the AN35 Ultra. I think you should also run prime for a good amount of time to see if the comp is stable.

funnyperson1 said:

Cisco Kid, both MBM5 and Sandra work fine for monitoring temps with the AN35 Ultra. I think you should also run prime for a good amount of time to see if the comp is stable.

ohh I will I will get this thing tight fer sure, off to bed

later guyz

CK

Hello All, Well if Vancouver is GSXR750 territory then North Central Massachusetts is ZX7R country - No Suzukis allowed :D Wish I still had my bike, we've got some seriously sweet riding back this way Cisco,. Hows the roads out your way?
Regards, Balrog

Balrog said:
Hello All, Well if Vancouver is GSXR750 territory then North Central Massachusetts is ZX7R country - No Suzukis allowed :D Wish I still had my bike, we've got some seriously sweet riding back this way Cisco,. Hows the roads out your way?
Regards, Balrog

The riding is excellent here, Sea To Sky highway to Whislter BC is one fantastic ride. IN time I will try to post some pics. Also the ride from Vancouver to Calgary via the Rockies is awesome.

ZX7R are nice bikes as well, I plan to get a VMAX in time and keep the 750 as well.

CK

Yeah Cisco I've heard ot the Sea to Sky Hwy. its suppose to be sweet! I liked my ZX, Kawa's are a bit heavier, not quite as quick but seem to stand up to the pounding of the rough roads around here. I've ridden a few GSXRs - nice bike, as is the VMAX, going for a little Smoke Churn'n Cruiser action huh. I think my riding days are over, made it 25+ years of riding without getting wasted and my reactions aren't as quick as they once were to avoid the myriad of nut cases they give licenses to around here. Enjoy!
Regards, Balrog

Some bad news, while the Geil works fine with this mobo, it can only run at the same speeds that my Mushkin did even though its rated at 433mhz to do 6-3-3-2 it only posts/runs at cl2.5.

Which leads me to believe that the motherboard and not the ram is the culprit. Maybe some nb cooling or a vmod would help us get better timings on this board :(.

Yeah I'm with you FP1, just getting the HTPC rig fired up today, gotta do some molding on the case and prime it and get the new HDD loaded up and I've got to work on that HSF set-up myself. I've already lapped the NB and its got a nice layer of grease on it, just got to come up with an easy way to attach the fan.
Regards, Balrog

Balrog said:
Hello All, Hey Cisco your not using MBM5 to monitor your temps, voltages and fans? Works sweet on my rig. New version even has direct support for AN35N.
Regards, Balrog

Which version as I just d/l the version 5340 and it shows no board support?? Is that correct? Finally getting around to installing it LOL

Cisco KId

Hello All, Sorry Cisco - I could have sworn I'd answered your post, don't know what happened, "brain fart" I guess. Someone over at nForcersHQ said it had direct support for it, I wonder whats up? I run it on my rig and it reads with-in 1-2% of Sandra and BIOS. Set Temps and Fans to its corresponding ITE number not diode ie: Sensor1 to ITE1, I run all my voltages set to Standard 4 for configuration. Any questions or problems let me know, sorry for the slow response.
Regards, Balrog

I began upgrading my PC this summer, one year after its conception, and in that year Ive gone from noob to nerd. My first board came with the barebones I bought (ECSK7S5A) and it sucked ***. Now I have the economical Shuttle AN35N Ultra and I love it. NO PROBLEMS at all. :cool: My benchmarks went up and my FPS went up just by switching mobos. I currently sold my GeForce 3 and I'm on my fourth Ti 4200 and still haven't found the one for me. I can honestly say that there is little difference between 4x and 8x but there is big difference in game play with 128MB over 64. Great board for the dough. Cant wait to stick a 2500 Barton on it and underclock it 133x16. Ill start a underclocking thread when I get this done.

I use a cheap Chaintech ti4200 with a modified aluminum P2 HSF on it, its very quiet and can run 310/610 for 13,850 3DMarks and I still haven't installed the memory heat sinks. These ti4200s are selling for $85.00 or $95.00 @NewEgg depending on whether you want TV-Out or not, still the best bang-for-the buck I know of for AGP cards.
Regards, Balrog

This is my third reply. The first two got deleted durring one of my episodes. Im sure this attempt will be successfull. Ok, lets begin, you spoke of Newegg, yes? Newegg rocks! Just got off the phone with their customer service. They graciously waived my restocking fee on a DOA refurb. Oh yea!
Ive seen your card there but Im looking at a 4800se from Albatron that should put me over 10,000 stock. Im getting 10,016 @320/465 with the Aopen.
Although that damn 9600pro looks good for $154 shipped. And what about this 9600XT? Sounds like a winner from what Ive read. Nvidia realy let my down with the FX line. There isnt a real bang for the buck card in that line up.:(

Last edited:
That would explain the 3 e-mail notifications in 5 minutes. (LOL) Its your money sQUiRLy, I personally would rather spend less, add improved cooling and OC it, I get better performance for a lot less money. Good Luck!
Regards, Balrog

I went crazy and charged a few things hoping I can sell the old goods on Ebay. Since Ive never owned a Tbred, I bought a XP2000 DUT3C AIUHB. Not a steller O'cloker but it will get me where I want to go for now. Im going to try this Albatron 4800se for $130. Better come with 3.3ns RAM or > or its going on Ebay. And to power everything the Tt 420 silent pure.
I'll hate to see the ol' model 6 go. Damn thing idled at 53C with the Tt Valcano 5 that came with it. When I set out to cool her down I was hoping for 48C but to my suprise, after modding the side panel for a 60MM and spending $30 dollars, I ended up at 37C.:D Having a hole above the cpu dropped me 10C alone.
With this configuration I should have the Tbred at 25C or < @stock speeds.

edit
The Alby 4800se was nice and did give me 10,235 stock on 3D'01 using 43.51 driver. It's built just like the 4200 turbo they sell for more $.

GameVE shipped me a Paly instead of the gaurnteed AIUHB. No dice.

Last edited:
Think you'll be very happy with the 2100+. I own 2 of them and both run over 2.2 ghz with 1.67 to 1.7v. The overclockers database shows them to o/c as good as Bartons, maybe a little better.

Back