• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Annapurna titles: anything as good as Stray?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

Annapurna is the French developer of Stray (the popular and only(?) cat simulation game that has a dedicated meow button and only < 3% negative reviews). What are their other titles like? Any worth getting?

Funny... being a data center guy, when I see Annapurna, I think NIC cards... :facepalm:

Honestly, a friend said he enjoyed that Stray game. I haven't played it or any others.

this might help, Annapurna (American) is the publisher for Stray, BlueTwelve (B12, French) is the dev:
the only thing i've played thats been published by annapurna was donut country and it was ok

I think Stray is the first and only game by B12 at the moment

this might help, Annapurna (American) is the publisher for Stray, BlueTwelve (B12, French) is the dev:
the only thing i've played thats been published by annapurna was donut country and it was ok

I think Stray is the first and only game by B12 at the moment

That list has a ton of great games. Flower and Journey were great, was unique on the PS3.

What remains of Edith Finch people enjoyed.

Gone Home is something special with being mostly a walking simulator/story telling game.

I enjoyed Donut County but it was weird.

Neon White is a cool mix of fps and speed run

Kentucky Route Zero is supposed to have a good soundtrack and story

Outer wilds gets reviewed as one of the best games of that year if not the generation.

Last edited:
My friend and her son (12) love Stray. I think you probably have to really like cats though.

I played through it a couple of months back, did the achievements for it in Steam, learned a lot of the lore and background of the story. I found it very enjoyable, and money well spent. Not a stressful game by any means, and very entertaining.

Just chuckling because the speedrun had the kid in literal tears when he thought he had missed it by 3 minutes, then he got the achievement anyway. I'm guessing he was going on real time while the game was not timing loading and maybe not timing cut scenes. Anyway, for those 2 hours of his life it was a very stressful game. Just a good lesson on the importance of perspective and moderation in gaming imho.

For me I find DOOM to be quite stressful. Sometimes I die once and say "that's enough," although I probably also have a habit of setting the difficulty too high and dying a lot in most FPS games. I don't know tbh if completing a game on a harder setting with a million deaths is really worth more than playing through on lower difficult.

Back