• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another GTX 560 ti question lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaVoK C89

I keep finding more and more stuff!!! I'm trying to narrow down my options the best I can, thanks for yall's help tho :)

Neways so in comparison how does the MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti twin frozr ii stack against the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti SO?

Last edited by a moderator:
Either will be a good choice, you won't be disappointed. I know MSI has triple voltage control on some of their TwinFrozr cards, but I'm not sure about the GTX 560.

That first link was completely unnecessary.

+1. It was unnecessary, rude, and a disgrace to the image of this community...

Either will be a good choice, you won't be disappointed. I know MSI has triple voltage control on some of their TwinFrozr cards, but I'm not sure about the GTX 560.

Well I'm glad he's the only one that thinks like that lol. I know I can google it but I like to get outside sources as well.

What is triple voltage control?

Some of MSI's cards allow voltage control on the core, memory and PLL, whereas others just allow core voltage.

Some of MSI's cards allow voltage control on the core, memory and PLL, whereas others just allow core voltage.

Ah ok. Well I saw a review on the MSI card where they easily got it to the 1000 mark as the Gigabyte...not sure what that does or compares to w/ the shaders and all. But I think i'm staying w/ that card :thup:

I just looked around a little harder and I think the MSI Twin Frozr only has core voltgae control as well. I guess the "triple overvoltage" is only for the Hawk and Lightning series of GPUs.

I just looked around a little harder and I think the MSI Twin Frozr only has core voltgae control as well. I guess the "triple overvoltage" is only for the Hawk and Lightning series of GPUs.

yup, right outta the box, with a new afterburner download, my msi only has core voltage control. maybe a new version of afterburner will come out to allow more but i doubt it.

and to the OP, all of the early reports of "easy" oc's to 1ghz are not representative of actual results. likely reviewers got cherry picks boards. there is a thread over at XS where a bunch of ppl report this.

my MSI will do 950mhz with 1.075v, up from the stock 1.0v. after that it gets a bit dicey, but i have run a few benches at 1ghz...games eventually crash though. also my memory doesn't oc much at all.

when i get home, i am going to creat an OC results thread, similar to what HouseRat does for the ATI cards...actually it will be a direct rip off with his consent of course.

and to the OP, all of the early reports of "easy" oc's to 1ghz are not representative of actual results. likely reviewers got cherry picks boards. there is a thread over at XS where a bunch of ppl report this..

Can you give me the link to that?

So would you say that this GPU has a lot of potential?

Can you give me the link to that?

sure thing: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265544

if you read through, some have success over 1ghz, but most do not. no matter...

So would you say that this GPU has a lot of potential?

...the card still performs like a champ. even at factory speeds, i've been playing BFBC2 at maxed out everything, except "only" 4x AA at 1920*1080 and the frame rates are REALLY high...nothing seems to slow it down. compared to my previous card, a 8800gt i ran with all medium settings, no AA or AF and got an estimated 30-50fps (unacceptable IMO for an online FPS).

yup, right outta the box, with a new afterburner download, my msi only has core voltage control. maybe a new version of afterburner will come out to allow more but i doubt it.

and to the OP, all of the early reports of "easy" oc's to 1ghz are not representative of actual results. likely reviewers got cherry picks boards. there is a thread over at XS where a bunch of ppl report this.

my MSI will do 950mhz with 1.075v, up from the stock 1.0v. after that it gets a bit dicey, but i have run a few benches at 1ghz...games eventually crash though. also my memory doesn't oc much at all.

when i get home, i am going to creat an OC results thread, similar to what HouseRat does for the ATI cards...actually it will be a direct rip off with his consent of course.

Alot of the reviews I've seen have overclocks on most cards in the 900's mostly around 950. Thats one of the reasons I went with the Gigabyte SOC -- it starts out at 1GHz. Even if it has little OC room, I know I'm at least doing better than some other cards. Plus there was only a $15 price premium when I picked it up.

Alot of the reviews I've seen have overclocks on most cards in the 900's mostly around 950. Thats one of the reasons I went with the Gigabyte SOC -- it starts out at 1GHz. Even if it has little OC room, I know I'm at least doing better than some other cards. Plus there was only a $15 price premium when I picked it up.

if the gigabyte was available where i usually shop i may have snagged one. as it stands, my MSI might be getting sent back, as I was getting some strange crashes even at stock speeds last night. we'll see what i can figure out tonight with some more time on my hands.

if the gigabyte was available where i usually shop i may have snagged one. as it stands, my MSI might be getting sent back, as I was getting some strange crashes even at stock speeds last night. we'll see what i can figure out tonight with some more time on my hands.

Dang, def let me know what happened if you can please?

Dang, def let me know what happened if you can please?

you know i'm sure it's nothing major. i wouldn't let it stop you from buying a MSI card. 'bout to hop into some BFBC2 to see if it is still crashing after trying some fixes i've gleamed from around the webs..

you know i'm sure it's nothing major. i wouldn't let it stop you from buying a MSI card. 'bout to hop into some BFBC2 to see if it is still crashing after trying some fixes i've gleamed from around the webs..

BFBC2? A benchmarking program? Idk what it stands for...I do know I'd love to try the benchmarking programs they got out. Idk y but they're like so cool haha.

I wish I woulda gotten the SOC from Gigabyte, at maximum 1.150V I only managed to pump out on my MSI

980 core
1960 shader
2190 Memory

:mad:

Thats not too shabby. Most reviews I've seen only ahve the SOC got up to like 1025, you aren't much behind that... Not a large enough performance difference worth being unhappy over.

Does anyone know from personal or speculated experience if one is more stable over the other?

I could speculate experience about alot of things :)
If you are looking for long term reliablity get an EVGA, they have a lifetime warranty.

Back