• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another H80i issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McNuggets89

After installing my new H80i cooler I have noticed the temps to be somewhat high idle they are around the low - mid 40s and under load with prime95 they will hit the high 70s. With programs I use on a regular basis they will push the CPU to around 50-70% load and give me temps in the 60s. What could be the cause of this?
Specs
Asus P8 Z77 V-LX
Intel i5 3570K overclocked to 4.2ghz
corsair H80i fans set to pull air from outside
front intake fan and top exhaust fan.

Aftermarket thermal paste used Arctic silver using the blob method, heat block is not loose fastened correctly (corner to corner)

Hopefully I provided all the extra info you guys would have asked.

What are the typical temps for that cooler?

All I can say is to try and remount the cooler.

Ambient room temps and temps with the original cooler, whatever that was.

Please post idle temps, screenshot of HW monitor etc after 30 min of idling. Room temps.

Load up P95 small ffts. Run for 30 min post HW monitor pic and recorded room temps again.

It's science, you folks never ever give the proper info, never understand to compare we need data as close as a normalized situation.

And check your fans like the 2nd last folk, not last, the second last who has the cooler in PUSH push with his fans. And the 4th before that and the umpteen before that. DATA. Science.

This H80 thing is getting old. We constantly see problems with these, but folks don't read posts before buying or understand it's a just a tiny bit better than top notch air cooling.

We like to help new folks, but maybe try to figure it out before posting? Read, Learn, become a user, not a forum vampire...................... READ LEARN FIRST, then post.

Last edited:
Ambient room temps and temps with the original cooler, whatever that was.

Please post idle temps, screenshot of HW monitor etc after 30 min of idling. Room temps.

Load up P95 small ffts. Run for 30 min post HW monitor pic and recorded room temps again.

It's science, you folks never ever give the proper info, never understand to compare we need data as close as a normalized situation.

And check your fans like the last, not last, the second last who has the cooler in PUSH push with his fans.

This H80 thing is getting old. We constantly see problems with these, but folks don't read posts before buying or understand it's a just a tiny bit better than top notch air cooling.

We like to help new folks, but maybe try to figure it out before posting? Read, Learn, become a user, not a forum vampire......................

I will run those tests and post back with screenshots, my fans are in push pull with airflow coming from outside the case through the radiator.

What is the rest of your case fans set to? Most times all the rest of the case fans are front/lower as intake. You could be choking the radiator. If you must use intake, the rest of the case fans (generally) must be to outtake. Meaning reversing case airflow.

A common test is remove the case side panel, point a common house fan into the case to create airflow, and test again.

Just think, use the brain.

You didn't mention YET what temps were before do that FIRST in your next reply please. AND if you overclocked. We are an assembly line here with these posts all the time. And we are Free. Free gets old.

Proper tests help. It's science.

Imagine you're paying $50 an hour for help. And that is CHEAP rates. That means you will give us ALL the data and thought and ideas and your input you can before we read it. The better you help, the better we can help and it's still free.

Back