• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Halloween Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow your up early.. if it wasnt for the pumkin carving.. i woulda said you had wet the bed

Sweet, while at work Ghetto will be modding a pumpkin. Can't wait to see how it all turns out...

Only wish I had time to Mod pumpkins, heck time to mod my computer would be great. I'll be checking back every now and then waiting on pics! (bah, like I really need to do work while at work)

Burdman27911 said:
Sweet, while at work Ghetto will be modding a pumpkin. Can't wait to see how it all turns out...

Only wish I had time to Mod pumpkins, heck time to mod my computer would be great. I'll be checking back every now and then waiting on pics! (bah, like I really need to do work while at work)
Not at work, I just escaped.... Ummm, I mean I just got off work. 11 hard
hours staring at the computers. :D

Looks like I pretty much have most of what I need for this project:
Fans for cooling (and Moisture removal), Hard Drive, Motherboard, PSU, & STUFF!
Pumpkin3.jpg

OH Mann.... I think I hurt it, It threw up :rolleyes: LoL!
Pumpkin4.jpg

Way big enough for the motherboard! Now All I need is a pattern for the
carving and develop some way to properly mount the motherboard away from the moist sides.
Pumpkin5.jpg

Oooo funn ,

i cant wait to see this done..

i didnt get anything done today really big for halloween for modding.. i sparyed the side of my case orange.. or i could.. hehe

looks like alot of stuff to fit in there too.. its gona be a mouth full.. maybe a larger case...

Well ghetto like I promised I'd check back today while I was at school and well... I'm at school, :bang head: It's 11:40 almost and I get off at 2:32. :rolleyes:

I can't see any of the pictures or anything so I'll have to check back when I get home and either post another or just edit this one.

I was just going to use this painted foam core board, but it was just too
much work to make it all fit right inside.
Pumpkin7.jpg

Then I got this great idea! Plastic Bags. I figure I could place the motherboard inside this freezer bag and all the pumpkin moisture will
be no more a bother...
Pumpkin6.jpg

This Idea works good!. Now I have to get the Fans, PSU and Hard Drive
inside as well. looks like I may need that poster board anyway, if only to
mount the hard drive on.
Pumpkin9.jpg

The Fans are a couple of those excess hard drive cooler fans I have.
these are more than able to keep the wind inside this pumpkin.
Pumpkin8.jpg

I was planning on using my shape shifting lights inside, but there is not enough
room left. Besides, those are for my other mod in the works..

ghettocomp said:
Not at work, I just escaped.... Ummm, I mean I just got off work. 11 hard
hours staring at the computers. :D

Actually I was meaning that while I was at work, you'd be modding pumpkins. Glad you are off work tho so we can enjoy the pumpkin carnage.

I have a feeling this will be pure ghetto! (hope it involves duct tape, everything is more ghetto with duct tape)

You're putting the mobo in a plastic bag?! What about issues of heat? Won't it get hot inside there?

< subscribed... this looks neat >

WOW ghetto! I think you have stumbled on to the most ghetto case ever...The Zip Lock Baggie Case. It's clear, flexible and its definitly not a cube. I think this is cooler than the fact you are about to shove it into a pumpkin. :clap:

g0dM@n said:
You're putting the mobo in a plastic bag?! What about issues of heat? Won't it get hot inside there?

< subscribed... this looks neat >
This motherboard has heat issues alright, but they are easy to tangle with, fans will be keeping the bag inflated and forcing air out through carefully placed holes. should be ok to do.

After tracing the pattern onto the pumpkin, I cut along the edges to give
it a cleaner appearance when I am done.
Pumpkin13.jpg

the Skin needed to be cut away to see everything properly, a lot of work... And yes, that is a binder clip being used. Those
things are good for a lot more than holding paper.
Pumpkin14.jpg

Now for the fun, DREMEL TIME!! actually does a good clean cut
Pumpkin15.jpg

Finished... kinda sorta ... now for the rest
Pumpkin16.jpg

I wish I was doing that instead of working, lol.

Better make sure Spiderman doesn't know you stole his logo.

LOL @ the paper clip. I mean, no one else would have ever thought about using that for something as complicated as skinning a pumpkin. Great work ghettocomp. Umm.. about the ziplock baggie, maybe you should use like a big clear GARBAGE bag or a black one... I mean that would keep all the parts away from the moisture.

You should hurry up and put it outside with a little pumpkin on a monitor or something and playing scarry holloween music to scare the kids.... or not, just an idea haha.
Maybe have it pass out candy?

Keep up the good work, can't wait till this is done!!!!

-Reid

Back