• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another MO-RA3 build, z370 1080ti SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CFL-S is 9 series of chips as well (9 series is a refresh of). Looks like EVGA is ready too with the rest of them. :)

Ugh that would make me so happy if EVGA boards are already ready to go. Do you think ordering one from Newegg would include the update?

I did email EVGA a few days ago asking about the compatibility. Received a pretty bucketed answer... see below...

"Thank you for reaching out to EVGA. Unfortunately we do not have any information regarding what will be compatible with the new generation of CPU's when they come out. We would not have an answer until the product is released or possibly just before. We have not received any updates."

I ordered my board directly from EVGA, my board came with BIOS version 1.07, one version old.

I've manually updated to version 1.08 now.

one thing i noticed, is that these boards dont like to POST on first boot if you have the SLI bridge connector attached. if i remove it, it POSTs. and then after i get a successful first boot i can put the bridge back on. weird behavior. I almost thought my board was bricked after the BIOS update because of the bridge.

I wouldn't bet on it having the proper BIOS honestly. Especially for those whos BIOS' just came out.

Emailed EVGA today to ask about it, here's their response...

"Thanks for contacting us. As we have no information pertaining to the 9th gen Intel being compatible with the Z370 boards, if announced as backwards compatible any unit manufactured after that announcement would likely come with the latest BIOS but units that have already been manufactured will need the 8th gen to flash. I hope this makes sense. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns."

Back