• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Hydro X Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

custom90gt

Well after tinkering around for way too long (getting the fittings right and I also had a leaky 90*) I am finally "finished" with my first watercooling build in quite some time. This is the first time I've used hardline and I initially had done everything by bending the tubing but I wasn't thrilled about how it came out. My thought is that having straight tubes gives everything a cleaner look. I ended up getting the majority of the parts for a reasonable price by trading hardware around for a couple of months as well, lol.

Computer hardware:
CPU: AMD 3900X
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi
GPU: EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra
Ram: 4x8GB HyperX 4000mhz
SSDs: 1TB Inland Premium, 500GB Sabrent Rocket PCIe 4.0
PS: Corsair HX1000i with cable mod ModMesh black/blue cables
Monitor: Alienware AW3418DW
Case: NZXT H700i

WCing hardware:
CPU block: Corsair Hydro X XC7
GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X XG7
Pump: Corsair Hydro X XD5
Rads: Corsair Hydro X XR5 360mm and 280mm
Fans: Corsair LL140 and LL120 (not the best fans for watercooling, but I like their aesthetics)
Fittings: Primochill matte black rigid fittings and misc.
Coolant: Primochill True Blue

Over all I'm happy with the build, and for the price I paid for the Hydro X parts, I'm thrilled (I spent more on fittings). Temps are pretty good, I'm sure with better fans/blocks/rads things could be better, but I'm happy with it. This was more of a fun to do build vs anything serious so I didn't mind that the PC was down for over a month to do everything. The biggest snag I ran into was one of my 90* fittings leaked like mad and I had to have primochill replace it (great support btw).

Some pics (pardon the dust/terrible pics, lol):
20200116_173904.jpg
20200116_173853.jpg
20200116_173829.jpg

Noce job! You probably wont see any better temps tbh. Corsair has hardwarelabs build their rads for them. They are gtx and gts rebadges so top of the line. You may do better with proper rad fans but thats a big *** expense for a couple of degrees. From what ive seen corsairs blocks arent anything to scoff at either. Thats a solid loop and it looks sweet.

Hah yeah it seems to be doing the job for me. I have some ML140s that I was initially running on the 280mm rad but swapping them to the LL140s didn't really change much. I actually run these fans at a low RPM most of the time and just have icue speed them up as the water warms up. Overall I'm really happy with the build.

Back