• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anoyingdouble multuplier on a7n8x-x bios 1006

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P2P

anyone got any tips on how to select which of the double multipiers u want to use?

my problem is that i have a duron morgan 1300 here that i have successfully got to clock to 1456

the fsb max's out at 185 fsb(currently running at 180x 7.5=1354)

but i cant seem to use the double multi to run this chip at 8x due to it automaticaly taking the second option (16x) result is a no post

my goal is to get it running at 180x8 giving me a speed of 1440 but i canna seem to get past this annoying hic-up

i mean whats the point of these double multi's if it only will select one of the two (the highest)

i have also tried thw 8.5 option with a slightly lower fsb but still no post

any pointers on this ??

p.s. i unlocked the cpu using the pecil trick on L1's

Hmm OK I am not 100% sure about this but yours is a 13 x 100 FSB giving a 1.3GHz Duron. To get to the 13 multi at default on a Duron what occurs is that the 12.5 multi (maximum you can get on a cpu with only 4 Fids containing the 0.5,1,2 and 4x multis) is internally remapped to 13. To get the 12.5 multi in the first place requires the 0.5x and 1x to be set high and the 2x and 4x multis set to low. This is because the 12.5 multi is derived from an additional remapping where 1.5 (0.5 + 1) remaps first to 4.5 (due to offset mentioned below) then to 12.5. For multis below 11 on a Duron the multi is obtained from whichever multi bits are set high then 3 is added. Example for a 9 multi the 2x bit and 4x bit are set high so 4+2 plus the offset of 3 = 9. You cant get the 8 multi because your cpu/mobo combination is unable to manipulate the fact that this would require the 4x and 1x set high and the 0.5x and 2x set low presuably due to the remapping that happens when 12.5 becomes 13? I am not sure if you were to hard lock the high and low multi pairings to this combination on your cpu would give you the 8 multi you desire. I also cant work out why you can get 7.5 and not the 8!

Last edited:
well, if you have your L1s connected to unlock the multiplier, what you could do is an easy wire trick:
Take a really thin wire, like one thread of a telephone wire.
use this link to know what pin to connect on the socket (that's a socket view, with the CPU "removed"). Look at the upper pic and put the wire in to the two specified pin holes. This will unlock all multies from x5-x12.5. Now you will be able to choose x8 and it will actually be x8. Its not a "double" multiplier its just when your CPU is in the high range multi (x13 and up) you get the selected multi + 8. so 8 + 8 = 16.
Try to do what I showed you (really easy to do, I did this. I also blew bridges and this is a much safer, faster and more reversible way. I'm using it at this moment)

Which are doubles and which are not - might help us decipher why. I suspect it is to do with the different bits to the multi (x0.5, x1, x2, x4) and their original configuration.

Back