• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 300 White Edition by Evochuck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evochuck

Hey boys and gals,

This is a little project Ive been working on this summer while my system was in my Corsair 600t. Basicaly I media blasted the whole case down to bare metal, did a few modification to basicaly bring it to the level of today's case standards ( cut 3 holes in the MB plate to route wires)

Once that was donws, I dissasembled all my YL fans and along with the rest of the case had em painted at my summer job (Heroux Devtek landing gear division).

Lets just say I was so impressed by the results I sold my 1 month old 600t to stuff my (rather large) setup in the 300!

Enjoy the pics!
(specs at the end)

UaJXAh.jpg

LOL Silver arrow fitting in 300

BU32zh.jpg

The getup in all its glory
fflWfh.jpg

From 6 HD bays to 4 :D

65RJjh.jpg

<3 my MB holes
MPHpIh.jpg

The sexy paint finish
DE2Gch.jpg

System specs:
Asrock Z68 Extreme4
Intel i5 2500K
Corsair dominator 2x2gb
Asus GTX570 DirectCU2
XFX 750 Black Ed. PSU
OCZ Agility2 60g SSD
WD black 640g
and some VINTAGE AS HELL 5 YEAR OLD ANTEC 300

I have an Antec 300 and I am very partial to the black with blue LED fans (Illusion edition) but I must say........your case is so well done, I love it. :thup: Very professional job. If you said you bought it from Antec that way, many would believe you.

It looks great! It may just be the angle, but it looks like the graphics card is sagging a bit. I'm not sure if that would be something to worry about anyway.. just noticed it. *shrugs*

Thanks magik!

and yes the 3 slotter monsters do sag, this is my last few days running this case I have a Silverstone FT02 in the mail :D

I just joined to comment on your thread. I bought this case the other from good old Newegg and it hardly made out of the box before I started planning things.

What you did is really close to one of the things I was considering. I wish I had seen this before I started sanding things down, because it looks amazing. Only suggestion I would make it possibly blacking the cages on the front 120mm fans. I see you went for an all white on the steel, but they just look off, of course that could just be the lighting in the photos.

Out of curiosity, how many coats did you do / have done? Any details on the prep/painting process or is it a standard scuff, primer, two thin coats and a clear coat with time and a light smoothing sand in between each?

The main reason I went with this case you highlighted. A simple paint job can make it amazing, and it doesn't have to be gratuitously modded like some other jobs out there, to make it look great.

I just joined to comment on your thread. I bought this case the other from good old Newegg and it hardly made out of the box before I started planning things.

What you did is really close to one of the things I was considering. I wish I had seen this before I started sanding things down, because it looks amazing. Only suggestion I would make it possibly blacking the cages on the front 120mm fans. I see you went for an all white on the steel, but they just look off, of course that could just be the lighting in the photos.

Out of curiosity, how many coats did you do / have done? Any details on the prep/painting process or is it a standard scuff, primer, two thin coats and a clear coat with time and a light smoothing sand in between each?

The main reason I went with this case you highlighted. A simple paint job can make it amazing, and it doesn't have to be gratuitously modded like some other jobs out there, to make it look great.

For the fan cages alinement, they are off, check your case, its because of the 2 thumbscrews to take em off.

As for the paint/prep, I only blasted all parts with a plastic bead machine( removes all the paint but down not dig in the paint whatsoever) and brought it to my paintjob, where actualy I think they only did 2 coats of out special landing paint and baked it for 1 hour. :attn:

It looks great! It may just be the angle, but it looks like the graphics card is sagging a bit. I'm not sure if that would be something to worry about anyway.. just noticed it. *shrugs*

All Direct CU cards sag. ASUS fixed it with a support bracket in their 3rd gen of the cooler. MSi had a similar issue with Twin Frozr that they fixed for the latest version.

All Direct CU cards sag. ASUS fixed it with a support bracket in their 3rd gen of the cooler. MSi had a similar issue with Twin Frozr that they fixed for the latest version.

3rd gen? you mean like DirectCU3 wich hasnt come out yet?

Back