• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec neo-he 500w with HD4850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loopylulu

Registered
I am having major issues with my HD4850 radoen card I just received yesterday. It is crashing during gaming and running stability programs.

I was wondering if it matters in which of the five rails on the back of my antec neo-he 500w pwoer supply I plug in the pci-e external power connector.

I have always had it in the same location since I had the computer and since I had my last radeon which was an x1900xt which started to artifact. There are five rails on the back of the power supply and I do not understand anything about rails etc.....

please help me.

that psu is more than enough for that video card but it is weird that your getting the same issues with a new card... do you have another computer you can try that card in to make sure its good?

I would start looking at your PSU starting to get flakey. Try it on another rail.

Not sure I understand this but all PSU's have a PCI-E connector for video cards. I think yous has 2 6 pins (before 8 pin was the norm) You can't choose which rail its on. Are you sure its not temp related? Or maybe a driver issue?

Back