• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec TP 430 rails are jumpy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

Just an observation. This is my first time owning a "high end" power supply. I like it, but the rails seem to jump a lot.

I was just watching my monitoring program, and the 3.3 line is varying 3.28-3.3v, the 12v line is going between 12.0 - 12.05v, and the 5v is running dead on at 5v. These voltages seem to jump every 3 seconds or so. Is that normal?

Timmy

I really wouldn't count on the readings you are getting from a software program.

I see the same thing but when I put a DMM on it is shows steady without any variations.

If you have one of the newer ones that have the molex connectors on the back of the power supply...Just hook up a digital volt, ohm meter to it and watch your voltages from there...I have found the 430 to be a very...And I mean very capable power supply...;)...And Sandman is right...That is way less that the 3% voltage regulation that Antec rates their power supply's at...:cool:

Timmybighands said:
Just an observation. This is my first time owning a "high end" power supply. I like it, but the rails seem to jump a lot.

I was just watching my monitoring program, and the 3.3 line is varying 3.28-3.3v, the 12v line is going between 12.0 - 12.05v, and the 5v is running dead on at 5v. These voltages seem to jump every 3 seconds or so. Is that normal?

Timmy

I wouldn't call those readings jumpy at all. That's really good readings.

And yes, hardware measuring beats all the softwares.

Well, I say jumpy because my old Raidmax on the same software monitoring program, on the same PC hardware stayed stuck at the same voltages constantly. They didnt move (although the rails were all under the 3.3, 5, & 12).

With this one moving up and down all the time, I thought something was wrong.

It didn't jump just because it couldnt muster the power to! (heh, I wouldn't worry about it, they are all small and VERY close to the correct voltages).

Back