• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any experience with OCZ ram???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Guid0

Before I oder me a stick I thought i might be wise to see what others might think about this stuff...Lately i have had some cheapo ram and finaly have the $$$ to get some good stuff...so if you know of or had experience with OCZ ram lets hear it.

Here is a link to it OCZ RAM iComPz.com

Yes I used the OCZ pC150 and I had no issues with it. I couldn't get it up to 150 but I think my MOBO was holding me back. It ran fine with all the meanest timings though and had no issues at all.
I am going to buy some OCZPC2700 and I like anything they make. They are a kickass company and test and check anything before they send it out. If you ever have any problems with it it also has a lifetime warranty on it. FOr the price you can't beat it. It is excellent ram in my opinion. And if you are into OC which I assume why you want the ram go to COmponentAuthority.com and they will send you some ram heatsinks with your order and the ram is really cheap there. For 2 PC2700 with OCZ heatsinks
256MB sticks it like 134$.

OCZ PC2700

I have 1 256 stick of PC2700 that came with the ramspreaders... it works well on all the meanest timings, and I've gone as high as 152 FSB on my new rig. I think the Kingmax is probably better since it's 5ns memory. My best Sandra memory scores were 874/981, but I think this Shuttle board may be limiting me.

Last edited:
OCZ 150 SDRAM

For the money I am very pleased, 36 bux i believe for 256 meg stick. I have bought 3 so far, one for myself and 2 for friends and they all ran at least 150 @ 2-2-2 w/o any problems. My stick will do 155 @ 2-2-2 but anything higher requires a higher I/O voltage of 3.6v, I don't like running it like that but under those conditions i have made it to the 166 mark @ 2-2-2! good ram for the moola. :beer:

I bought some OCZ PC3000 DDR Ram, supposedly will hit 183MHz. It's a load of crap, I can't get it past 145! My Crucial PC2100 will do 160 easy, STAY AWAY! Go with the Kingmax 5ns, it's about the same price.

EDIT: I would like to retract some of what I said. After spending a little more time with it, the PC3000 will run stably at 183MHz. My problem before was that I was running at the fastest RAM timings. You have to be a little more linient with them in order to obtain extremely high speeds. If you still want to buy some, I found some cheap at this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1318717410. I still think the Kingmax would be an excellent if not better choice as well.

Last edited:
Back