• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any expert saw this kind of adapter before(Socket370 to Socket479)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MCW

Registered
:shrug:

I saw this kind of adapter from Hong Kong Hardware Forum, I chatted with the owner of it before, he said that his friend pulled it out from the notebook.

So, does any expert saw this kind of adapter before???

Attachments

• s370 to s479.jpg
    s370 to s479.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 164
very interesting

what cpu is he running and on what board ?

Thanks
Dan

According to the S-Spec its a socket 478 processor. Is that still a P3??

Z

Zuzzz said:
According to the S-Spec its a socket 478 processor. Is that still a P3??

Z

They made alot of different cpus for different sockets, it's amazing to which extend cpu's are compatible.

I think its one of those old p4 socket 423 I believe, adapted to fit a socket 478 cpu.
Thanks

elec999 said:
I think its one of those old p4 socket 423 I believe, adapted to fit a socket 478 cpu.
Thanks

Both of those are the same size though.

So the p3 mobile uses socket 479 as well as the p m? That is pretty cool. Oh, and socket 479 has 478 pins but is a lot smaller so they had to call it something else.

Quailane said:

So the p3 mobile uses socket 479 as well as the p m? That is pretty cool. Oh, and socket 479 has 478 pins but is a lot smaller so they had to call it something else.
So overall. What is this socket.
Thanks

Quailane said:

No, P3s and PMs use different sockets/packaging.

Back