• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any games to look forward to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elitebear4

im making a new comp in order to be able to play halflife 2, but im planning on just making it mid ranged, since h2 wont be too computer demanding.

someone convince me into spending more of my precious money on a comp. what other games are gonna be out that will be even more computer demanding (ex. F.E.A.R)

I am sure there will be a plethora of games that will be based on the Doom engine that will stress a computer.

Depending on how long you keep this computer, there will be a new Unreal game/engine and a Quake 4 game in the next year or two.

What exactly do you mean by midrange?

Ummmm there's 1 screen shot available on gamespot, no news on this date, and that one screen shot is on the "box shot" at gamestop. I am very skeptical that it will be out in 3 weeks seeing as it hasn't been hyped at all and still hasn't gone gold.
Back on track, there is always stalker and BF2. Plus like it was mentioned before, Doom3 mods and games using that engine.
BTW, anyone else think they made Doom3 to show off the engine? Using a shotgun and zombies to sell their engine?
I've also heard Everquest 2 will be VERY demanding.

bojangles said:
Your eye for detail impresses me.

hehe, yeah. im patiently waiting for that game though, i love the quake games. especially q2.

besides that... im sure there will be a lot of new games going out soon. the furutre of game development looks pretty bright to me.

bojangles said:
Ummmm there's 1 screen shot available on gamespot, no news on this date, and that one screen shot is on the "box shot" at gamestop. I am very skeptical that it will be out in 3 weeks seeing as it hasn't been hyped at all and still hasn't gone gold.
Back on track, there is always stalker and BF2. Plus like it was mentioned before, Doom3 mods and games using that engine.
BTW, anyone else think they made Doom3 to show off the engine? Using a shotgun and zombies to sell their engine?
I've also heard Everquest 2 will be VERY demanding.
Check out the big brain on Brett. You're a smart.....
Yeah, I am also very skeptical but you never know. PC Gamer had tons of screenies in one of the issues.

there will also be NFS: UG2, Madden 2005 (if your into Sports) As Mentioned BF2, lots of new games gonna be a great year

This is supposed to be the greatest grossing PC game year in years. Afterall, HL2, Doom 3, Quake 4 (maybe), EQII, and countless other games have come out or will come out.

EDIT: S.T.A.L.K.E.R has been delayed to 2005, yes?

Beyond HL2 (which is really starting to have a Duke Nukem Forever feel to it) there's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Quake 4 to look forward to.

There's also World of Warcraft, and Halo II when that's released for PC. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas looks phenominal, too.

HL2 will be the game to end all games until HL3. Anyone other than Doom 3 fanatics will cream their shorts immediately upon loading the game. And any Doom 3 fanatic that accidentally looks at the screen will immediately die of cardiac arrest as a result of the horrifying shock that THEY CHOSE THE WRONG GAME.

Dungeon Siege 2 looks, in all honesty, not much better than the original. HL2 will not be the game to end all games because HL has never been such. Maybe it'll be a great shooter, but it won't be the greatest RPG, RTS, etc. Afterall, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion will pwn all RPGs.

koss20100 said:
i swear there was a thread on this but i cnt search it anywayz letz not forget silent hill 4 check out the trailer!
If we go console then don't forget Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, FFXI for PS2 , GTA: San Andreas, and tons of other games which I neglect to mention.

Come on guyz as long as valve and ubisoft are in busniess games will be HERE its all part of marketing think about it you got 400 dollar cards riding on GOOD GAMES :)

Shuzzy said:
does'nt that say jan.11th/05?, i wish it was next month.

I think that means november first 2005. Which means a year and a month, hehe. Only a few months away (as in jan, 05) still seems kinda early since not every board on the net is talking about it. **Thinks back to the days just before Doom3 :rolleyes:

Back