• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any good wireless mice for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nechen

Just got this puppy today:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m1132X509988X09dc6f522d899a800b86cc2afc7ac858

I've got an old 2000DPI Razer Copperhead I can use but I was hoping maybe I could go Wireless for light shooters and things like DOTA.

It appears most wireless mice are still on the Wireless RF route, have they gotten any better for gaming? Last time I touched a wireless mouse was back in '04 ... was some kind of Logitech Wireless mouse that was really bad for BF1942/Desert Combat. Way too slow...

Ive got a G700, but I generally use it wired on my desktop...

Also have a razer orocii or however you spell it... Its great wired, super portable, but wireless, its terrible unless just surfing/working. Think its 250hz when on bluetooth :-(

I've used a Logitech Max revolution and mx1000 (I think is the newer model) and both worked well enough that I never really noticed a problem.

Thanks guys! :)

Amazon had a decent enough looking Kensington on sale so i ordered that along with my SSD. I'll let you all know if it's any good

Previously, i was using a logitech anywhere mx. I could feel a bit of lag when playing fps games, but it wasnt terrible... I still recommend the orocii or whatever as the cable is perfect for a laptop. The bluetooth option is more of a mobility thing than a gaming thing though...

So regardless of the quality or company it's a matter of physics when it comes to wireless mice being slow?

Somewhat, any time you convert digital to analog, you will add latency. The nano receivers from logitech are generally better than bluetooth, but I firmly believe in gaming requires a cable, or a VERY high end wireless mouse (mamba, g700, etc).

Back