• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any guides or articles on MCH and ICH tuning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dsb1829

Anyone come across any good guides or articles on OC strategy for the lesser talked of motherboard voltages? I have a stable OC running, but can also post at higher frequencies. I think that tuning of the other board voltages may just get my higher clock stable.

Most say bump MCH by 1-3 steps and ICH by a step, but I haven't seen anyone really post any backup or guidance to these suggestions. Any help here appreciated :)

thanks Albuquerque and dsb1829
1.jpg

2.gif

I should probably clarify my "didn't get much" comment. That article is very heavy on the ddr3 ram which is running at speeds out of the realm of possibility for my ram. My GSkill 800MHz will run at 1000MHz just fine though. I was scouting around last night to find out more on sub-timings and I came across a good article comparing tighter timing vs. overclock (should have bookmarked it).

Back