• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any legit Vista RTM testing/evaluation ISOs/DVDs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I'd like to test Vista 64 business on my system and my favorite apps before I buy.

Any way to do this legally?

Will Microsoft sell me a 64bit install CD for the nominal fee they sell them to people who buy the retail 32bit packages?

I know how to grab ISOs using a torrent app but I won't.

Ermm well you're allowed to install it without a cd key for trial reasons, but I don't know how they expect you to "trial" it if you can't obtain it legally. Just torrent a iso, then install it without a cd key, that way you have 30days to test it, if you like it, the go out and buy a copy, then just activate your current install with the cd key.

I would think vista has been out long enough that a simple google search would show you if the app works or not
Not the same as a live test with apps on your machine.

if you have a product key for 32bit or 64bit im pretty sure u can get a 64bit cd from ms themself comes out to about 9 bucks or around there

link is here
I don't have a key and don't really want to spend $$$ to buy a retail copy first.

If you know anyone who works at Microsoft or has a Vista DVD, you should be able to install it under a 30-day trial scenario.
I don't. Any other legal way to install a trial?

Browse the microsoft site like mad. I can't seem to find it for some reason, but you can actually download a Virtual PC disk image to test vista as a try-out.

Browse the microsoft site like mad. I can't seem to find it for some reason, but you can actually download a Virtual PC disk image to test vista as a try-out.

A VM is still not the same as a normal install. I have VMWare Server and although it's cool and such, it's hardware emulations don't come close the the specs of my hardware and it can't run 3D intensive apps either.

I have all kinds of Microsoft ISOs they've allowed me to download for evaluation such as vista beta, server 2003, server 2008 ect, but not Vista RTM.

Lawls, just torrent it, don't even think that's illegal... but who knows... not like you'd get in any trouble though...

I'm not sure Microsoft would make any distinctions as to it being illegal if it is obtained via a torrent.

I noticed most of the torrents have all kinds of activation cracks in them too so that's another reason Microsoft might vigorously object.

There are a few clean ones (no obvious crack filess) but even then you don't know what all is included within them that will come out to bite you later.

Downloading any of there software is illegal whether you own it or not. It's against there ToS.

Hmm, I have a 64 bit ISO That I had gotten through MSDN when when they gave away copies of Vista and Office for watching webcasts. Would it be legal for me to send it via Email to you?
I used the 32 bit Buisness as the 64 was not as stable for me.

Back