• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any mem work better with NF7-S v2 then others?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would get the buffalo mem. It is (?)guarrentied(?) to run at 466mhz. thats just about the highest FSB your pc can handle anyways. I also heard that the buffalo thrives on higher voltages. a friend of mine ran his at 500mhz no problems [dont know about voltage or timings]

<------a12bc3:cool:

Yea, so do all other brands. What they don't tell you though is that you[well, some do] have to relax your memory timings to like 3-6-6-12 to hit it. Which is not worth the extra gain in FSB. I've never seen anyone hit 500, but it is possible. Highest I've seen is 494, and thats with volt mods, and the L12 mod. Also, the NF7 is [technically] rated to be able to do 600mhz fsb.

-Overcrocked

Last edited:
Damn, nice price. I'd say your best option is with NCIX, I've purchased from them before, they are very reliable. They're in BC but it took about 2 days to get to me in Ontario. 3000k away; standard ground shipping[After the verification process]! Plus if you don't live in BC you don't have to pay Provincial Sales Tax.

-Overcrocked

I was searching watchprice.com and found the nf7-s for $95 u.s with free to ship to u.s from beatprice.com, i dont see it on there site so i will call them tommorow and if all is well,,,. Im thinking that is around $125 CAD and get it sent to my freind Lt Max here on the forums who is in the u.s and get him to ship it to me for like $10 CAD max, then I have it for $135 CAD total no taxes at all :)

Chad

anyone else in Canada want one? lol now is the time

I personally don't overclock my RAM, so if you're looking for RAM that OC's well, don't ask me. However, I've been running 1gb of Corsair XMS 3200LL in this machine at stock timings of 6,2,2,2 and it's stable as a rock. Couldn't be happier.

Cool runnings, you might as well set it to 2-2-2-4. The memory you have should be able to handle the best memory timings at such low bus speeds with no problem. If you notice instability you can up the memory .1V, you have performance ram, it can handle it.

Back