• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any MM folks, Ascension or otherwise- tube res mounting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Railgun

I'm looking for ideas for those running a MM, or other large cube case, regarding mounting a tube res of whatever size.

I'm running a MM Ascension with the horizon bracket and its original setup was with a tube res I had mounted rather high on to a front, center radiator. I'm also using 5/6 of the 5.25 bays and as such, it was a mess to get access to the top of the thing.

I've since moved to a dual bay, now single bay res, which is better, but it's now exhibiting an odd leaking issue, on the top of the thing no less, but that's another story.

I'm looking to go back to a small tube res, either directly off the pump or in close proximity. The bay res has been a godsend with bleeding the thing and I can only anticipate this new setup to be a bit trickier.

I'm completely redoing this setup to correspond a new build (of which I will properly log this time). Without going into details of the blocks, the relevant bit is as follows:

MCP35X2 mounted to a custom bracket near the front and center of the case, about 4" high, currently forward facing outlets. Front rad will be a MO-RA3 LT along with a Alphacool UT60 laid horizontally along the rear bottom. Pump will run to the rads in the rear, then front, of which the output will be on the top right side into the blocks. The return I've not yet decided on as I may come back on the right side, or possibly out of the left after the GPUs. Lines will be acrylic.

I've just looked at the Alphacool Light Tower, which is a bit small I think for my liking, as well as I'm not a fan of the whole fountain thing...I want it as quiet as possible, but probably want something to add some lights to. I don't need a water fall. But whether that will support itself against the pump, which is a top return anyway...

So that being said, I have room in the bottom of the case, but needless to say I want this thing mounted higher than the pump, which may mean I need to rethink my pump's mounting. May also horizontally mount the res...but we'll take it one step at a time.

So let's see your tube res mounts on big cube cases.

Last edited:
A Google link? Aww man...I'm no noob that doesn't know what it is. A whopping five, maybe, pics exist in the first page. I'm looking for the not so obvious with those that may have not posted before.

Unlike many in these and other forums, I don't post already answered questions. :)

And I say this lightly. No offense intended. :)

Back