• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any software to overclock the CPU within windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I just finished setting up my asus z170-a skylake 6700k system, I could not for-the-life-of-me get the ASUS AI suite installed in my windows. Asus support basically just said "reinstall windows"... PC support is turning into MAC support :(

Anyways, if I can't use ASUS's AI suite to overclock, what other options do I have? Is there software that will allow me to adjust the CPU Settings winthin windows?

AI Suite requires additional software to work and it runs additional services. I simply don't like it as it works fine almost only on fresh OS. Anyway better is to overclock from BIOS.
ASUS suggested to reinstall system just because too many things are affecting AI Suite and it's simply not worth their time to solve issues that are related more to additional software rather than their application.
Also if you have some other soft running in the background then it may affect AI Suite.

If you want to overclock only and don't need all additional stuff then look for TurboV for your OS. It wasn't in the AI Suite package when I was checking last time but as I said I'm not really using it so it makes no big difference for me.

Of course suggested XTU is also good option. The only issue is that some adjustments require system restart so setting all in BIOS is still better idea.

Back