• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any suggestins on motherboard for phenom 965be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

terminator38

hi guys,
Im new here. I was building my first system. First i bought a 965 be cpu. Im in the process of getting a gigabyte 790 xta-ud4. I have seen the same board but it has rev1.0. Does this make the board differentor newer? Also what your opinion on this mobo. Any suggestins on video card for general use and gaming here and there.thanks for help

thanks for info. i think im going with gigabyte 790xta series. seems like alot of good features and from reviews very stable ,even when overclocked. i have never actually overclocked before,as this is my first rebuild,but i want to learn. any suggestions on overclocking. Once computer is built ..whats next..os installed and then drivers..or vice versa or does it matter. thanks for help

thanks for info. i think im going with gigabyte 790xta series. seems like alot of good features and from reviews very stable ,even when overclocked. i have never actually overclocked before,as this is my first rebuild,but i want to learn. any suggestions on overclocking. Once computer is built ..whats next..os installed and then drivers..or vice versa or does it matter. thanks for help

Generally it is the OS first, although the install process might ask for certain drivers, most noticeably storage devices such as SATA, to be available during the install process.

Which OS are you going for? I only have experience with XP and below and a little dabble with Linux. I don't know how the other installers work regarding certain drivers.

Mostly you will find you cannot install any drivers until you at least have the basis of an OS on which to install them.

I would seriously suggest for your sake that you locate a knowledgeable friend to aid you in your build.

I started my PC life with DOS 3 and read books and did it the hard way, but with second hand equipment. If you are shelling out readies then make sure you have half a clue before you make yourself an expensive paperweight.

BTW - I am no guru. I know enough to get by and I like to try things and learn wherever possible. Unfortunately I have 2 obsticals - my budget and my wife ;)

Back