• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone actually tried a Ryzen 3xxx in a 4xx chipset board yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

We know it's supposed to be a compatible combo on a lot of 4xx chipset boards but I can't remember reading a post on this forum where anyone has tried this yet? What are your experiences? Stock? Overclocking?

Overclock there no diff between x570 and x470. MY x570 godlike pulls the same clocks and same voltages as my x470 aorus gaming 7 on a 3900x

My msi can push my ram a bit higher. But on my x470 using my 3900x i was able to get my memory a bit higher then with my 2700x.

I'm in the midst of this at the moment and it's not working well :)

AsRock B450 itx fatality is the board, which has been running 100% stable with a 1600. I got the itch to go to a 3700X and it has major POST issues (bootloops for long periods of time). The word going around is it has a hell of a time trying to train the memory with the 3000 series cpus. So in this case, the BIOS just isn't ready yet and other boards are having similar problems. I'd say right now it's a roll of the dice as to whether you'll have a good experience.

For the time being I went back to the 1600 and will see if the next BIOS revision is actually ready for prime time.

Thanks for the replies so far guys. So far sounds like typical technology transition bios issues. Hit and miss depending on the manufacturer and maybe even the particular motherboard.

Whose up next?

I also have the Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac and its performance depends on the bios version.

I had a 2600 in it before dropping a 3600 in. Bios version 3.30 with AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1. CPU worked fine, forgot exactly what I tried but it didn't like high speed ram and I ran 3000 modules in it at the time.

Bios version 3.40 came out, AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3. Wow, it's like a different system. I put it in another thread, but I had it working with HyperX 4000 kit at both 3600 and 4000 XMP profiles, and was able to reduce latency even further.

I see bios version 3.50 with AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 ABB is out today. I love the description "Improve Destiny2 gaming experience with Matisse CPU.". We're getting game ready bios updates now? I've lost track of all the little changes but hopefully this will help also. In a quick search I found a TPU article claiming it resolves WHEA Error 17 relating to using M.2 PCIe drives. Tom's Hardware says on Gigabyte it removes PCIe 4.0 support from older chipsets.

Back