• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever plasti dip a waterblock top?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Finny

I'm going to be moving my build to a new case and I see my waterblocks (7970 plexi) are starting to show the good old EK corrosion. I don't really want to have that visible or buy new blocks. I was going to try to find the acetal tops, but I don't know if they made them for that particular block.

I was wondering if anyone ever just plasti-dipped acrylic for a waterblock and how it turned out.

Not sure if I would want to run that corroded WB in the loop. Those small loose broken off bits can get everywhere including the pump, etc. Just look for a simple universal block if you're not looking to for over the funds for a whole new WB and or if you're not OCing it to town.

Plasti-dip should work fine, but you need to prep the block in order to get good adhesion, or the plasti-dip could eventually come loose. You don't want it coming apart and getting tangled in the pump. Do a google for plasti-dipping cars, as there's tons of information on doing so for the whole vehicle which should be usable on a plastic/metal block.

Yeah I'm just talking about plasti dipping the top to make it match the rest of the blocks in the loop. It will never come in contact with the water.

I might just strip the nickel off the block completely so I don't have to deal with it in the loop.

Back