• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have experience with Koolance Blue colored Fluid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
I might be purchasing a GPU that was used in a GPU loop with mostly koolance components and Koolance Blue fluid. My worries is that the GPU block might be stained or after many clean outs with it if say I buy this GPU, that the blue stuff will eventually break apart inside if there is any small buildup and spread to the rest of the clean, distilled only loop. Anyone have any experiences with this fluid in particular? Trying to convince myself that things will be ok but I always told myself I'd never buy a water cooling component if I knew colored fluid was involved.

I should also add, the only "Blue" Koolance has is the "UV Blue" coolant.

Koolance LIQ-702 is used by many industries requiring a high performance, low-toxicity, reliable coolant with corrosion and biological inhibitors. A high quality coolant is extremely important for addressing dissimilar metals and biologic growth (bacterial and algae) long-term. Koolance liquids will not clog components and can typically be used for 2-3 years before replacement is recommended.
This 700mL (23.67 fl oz) container will function as a squirt bottle for convenient reservoir filling. It's recommended to replace the coolant every 2-3 years, or immediately if there is any change in color or clarity.

The freezing point is -15°C (5°F). This coolant has been tested with the following materials:

• Metals: copper, aluminum, brass, lead, stainless steel, steel, nickel, gold
  • Plastics: PE, PP, PVC, POM, PMMA, PPO, PA66, PPS, PPE, PEI, PES, PBT
  • Rubber: EPDM
NOTE: Not recommended for polycarbonate plastics or other PC-based plastics.

Koolance should sell the oring kits for the block. Once you get it open the block and clean it?

I should have stated its a EVGA GPU just like the one I already have with a Swiftech WB on it which ASFAIK, is a pain to take apart and might void the warranty.

I've spoke again to the seller and he's told me he can't guarantee anything when it comes to the colored fluid. He just drained the loop and took out the GPU. Chances are even if I clean it, its been sitting for months dried out. My guess is there might be some clusters of blue stuff that will break apart bit by bit over time and taint my already clean loop. I think I'm going to pass on this one even though I'm liking the price range on it.

Back