• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have the ASUS M4N98TD EVO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mehovoric

ASUS M4N98TD EVO AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131636

Anybody have this thing and happy with it? My current motherboard is a Gigabyte 870A-UD3. But I'm looking for an AMD motherboard that does SLI, considering mine doesn't do sli or crossfire. Does the SLI work good? My only debate is the fact that it doesn't have USB3 and SATA6. And the fact that it has only 5 sata ports.

So here's my dilemma. Should I wait for a board with a little better specs that does SLI? (Considering AMD's relationship with nVidia, I know I can't expect too much from that.) Or get a board that does crossfire and switch from nVidia? I'm pretty happy with nVidia. I've got an EVGA GTX 465. But what do you all think?

I've never heard of anyone having problems with SLI on an nVidia chipset. The only problem is they don't seem to overclock as well as AMD chipsets, for whatever reason ...

I've never heard of anyone having problems with SLI on an nVidia chipset. The only problem is they don't seem to overclock as well as AMD chipsets, for whatever reason ...

Its not that people have problems with SLI, it's more of the fact that nVidia isn't a fan of putting SLI on AMD on motherboards. I've only been able to find a couple boards here and there, that support newer AMD features AND SLI. I wish AMD and nVidia could go find a room and make up.

Back