• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone interested in TR3K?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Which next-generation HEDT CPUs are you looking forward to the most?
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3000 (7nm, Up To 64 Cores)
Intel Cascade Lake-X (14nm++, 28 Core LGA 3647 / 18 Core LGA 2066)

:screwy:

Wth is tr3k?

I saw the new chipseta... the interesting part to me is the segmentation. Not sure why they are doing that outside of more money. I dont see a point in segmenting the HEDT platform, especially when amd has shoved so many cores down consumer throats in their mainstream platform.

More cores. Yes more.

7nm +. More more more!!! Yes yes yes!!

Imagine 32 desktop cores on AM4 motherboards just crazy. I the consumer has many cores. I run benchmark multithreaded and marvel at the superior computing power.

5 and 3nm. What???!!! 128 cores mainstream?? 2025???

Leak that.

You crack me up. Hopefully I return the favor.

Yes do not need it. Don't even really want it.... Meh 10nm +++(++++) for 500$ is adequate for sure.

^ I believe that is Intel's current line up :( - I just toasted my 2nd i7-8700k for the Team Cup :( :bang head - I have a i9-9900kf inbound as a replacement.

The TR-3k is what I told my wife I needed to start saving my money for :) Hopefully by Q2-20 I will have enough to buy a Mid-Range system. By then Intel may have a new processor that's just as fast but 2x the price.

If I where into benching 3D, which I am not, Intel processors might appeal to me.
Since not, Ive never had a need for Intel. Price tags also a big deterrent.

I may not buy another AMD chip for a while either. Happy with what I have! Got a variety of Ryzen chips here.
Interested in AMD 5nm.

I think Zen 4 is slated for 2021 Mr.TheTaco. Not close, but not too far away.

Yes. Get ready. Threads +++(++++) and then some. :D

I'm not sure they should be taken seriously with their constant leaks..

If it were just a leak from some joe I probably would not have posted, but with multiple confirmations from Lisa Su that new Threadripper is coming I thought it was interesting. The entire HEDT platform is kind of an edge case for people with specific workloads. Wasn't sure if we had many HEDT users here. My current system is an upgrade from a 6850K. I ditched HEDT because I just didn't need it anymore.

Back