• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know of a 120hz LED display?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is that monitor edge lit LED or array lit? I can't see how edge lit would be any better than ccfl . . . no local dimming. and as far as i know array lit don't have 1 led per pixel so i wouldn't call their contrast ratio natural. Its just more natural than the absurd dynamic. The number they give you is still a dynamic contrast ratio number . . . it just applies to a smaller section of the screen (not an individual pixel)

Correct me if I am wrong, but current LED displays are still backlit LCDs. They replace the fluorescant light and the LED is only used for illumination. It is not the same as plasma or OLED, where each pixel is the actual light source.
  • Correct, AMOLED or you can say true OLED displays are not to be confused with LCD LED backlit ones (discussed here). And even with LCD LED they have 2 popular variations, one is RGB arrays (more colour gamut) and the other is edge lit and diffused across evenly (ultra thin displays). There may have been new advancements in the field, so not 100% sure about the newer stuff. And speaking to subject of this post, it is claimed by some manufacturers that even edge-lit LED LCD displays have higher contrast ratios than some conventional CCFL LCD's.

Last edited:
I googled V3D241wm-LED and found this link here (from July 30th):

http://www.oc.com.tw/readvarticlen.asp?id=19903

I used google translation to read it... the end made me :-/ though...

The world's first 3D LED display - ViewSonic V3D241wm-LED display will be moving this summer, fresh as baseball, the proposed price of NT $ 19,900 (tax included).

Is NT$ 19,900 New Taiwan Dollars? If so, the display will be around 630$ USD... I don't think the glasses were included... Does anyone know how much new displays cost in Taiwan? I wonder whether a NT$20k release on the Taiwan market equals a $500 release in the US Market.

I also emailed Customer Support and they told me of a Q4 - October time frame.

Last edited:
Back