• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone still shop at Woot!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skou

Does anyone still check Woot! every night?

I remember hanging out there for (I think) a decade. Must have spent thousands.

Now, not so much.

Woot! has in my (never to be humble) opinion, jumped the shark.

I've even got 2 Lodge cast iron skillets with a "!" on the bottom.

steve

I'll drop into deals.woot every now and then, but less and less. These days it seems the only things I might be interested in that pop up are Steam daily deals and things from the newegg mailing list, both of which I've already seen.

I browse it pretty much out of habit now but haven't bought there too often. When I find something interesting there I end up not buying it after looking at reviews most of the time. 99% if their products are refurbished and priced too close to full retail imo.

OK, I'm looking at some AA batteries (cells, really) but with their restrictive shipping, I'm waiting until I can put something else in my shopping cart, to save a few $.

I've done this a few times, on different releases of the same product. As always, my cart expires before I get what I want.

Guys, I was there long enough ago, to get BOC III and IV. Had the box stickers, until the massive trailer fire.

steve

I got a few BOCs myself. I got a $100 iPod dock out of one of them. Used it as a computer speaker for about 5 years.

Back