• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use a virtual drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I tried magiciso for something else. I do not think it is computable with vista. I will try it again. I have tried about 5 or 6 different programs to try and run Crysis and Far Cry 2 without the disc. Cant find one that will work with these games.

I will try magiciso again.

Thanks.

Thanks, I was not sure if I used it. I may have, it might have been an older ver. I have a little free time right now. I will DL the latest magic iso. make a image and see what happens.

Just DL'ed it, made an image file but magic iso did not install a virtual drive. Do I need to DL another program to use to mount it? If so what would you recommend?

Thanks.

I used power iso to mount the image made from magic iso. The auto play came up, I chose play game then it told me to insert the original disc.

If anyone knows how I can play my games without using the discs, please let me know, even via a pm if you don't want to post it for whatever reason.... I am willing to get whatever program I need.

Please know, I am not giving my games away or anything. The reason I want this is right now I am hooked on Far Cry 2, Crysis and COD world at war. All of which require a disc to play.

you DO have to install an additional program to emulate the drive(s) when you right click on the image file it will give you the option to mount the file and it will bring you to the download for magic iso cd dvd manager. I am looking at it right now as it sits in my tray. i tried to find the direct download on the site but didn't have any luck. Every time i reinstall windows, and reinstall magic iso, i download the emulated drive manager by right clicking on any image file and mounting it, and it then prompts me to download the additional program and offers to link me to the location. i will post back with a dowload location momentarily...

I will check out the link, thanks.

You have one crazy eye hurting desktop! I don't know how you can look at that, lol.

I DL'ed that software, used it to mount my image made by magic iso and upon clicking the play game I got this pop up dialog box -

Conflict with Emulation Software detected.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=1000 for further, more detailed information.

I went to the link and got this error reading -

SecuROM™ has determined that you are trying to start the application with an image of the original disc. Please be informed that SecuROM™ protected applications will not work with an emulated image of the original disc.

Any ideas on how to get by the SecuROM or is that illegal?

Back