• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone using 3900x with the asus 470 crosshair vii hero?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm pretty sure Johan used the board in his 3700x / 3900x review. Check it out.

oh duh i missed it i was looking

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

the board it shows is a 570 mine is a the 470 version

If you scroll down through the review, about 3/4 way down you will see a headline of X470 Compatibility …… There are a few guys here on X470 / B450 boards. Some had a not bad transition other had some issues, I can't remember the details now.

oh duh i missed it i was looking

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

the board it shows is a 570 mine is a the 470 version

The 3900X ran fine on the CHVII the only minor issue was the mem controller was dropping speed too early but that easily fixed by setting the fCLK manually. This was also an older BIOS. I plan on doing some additional testing but have another review on the bench right now.

ya i was wondering if the newer bios fixes memory issue you tested like 2 bios ago

so far havent tried to OC at all but what should i set cpu vcore to? and what stuff is there to turn off or on? this for asus crusshair vii hero non wifi 470.. thanks

so far havent tried to OC at all but what should i set cpu vcore to? and what stuff is there to turn off or on? this for asus crusshair vii hero non wifi 470.. thanks

Depends on your cooler. 1.35-1.38 tops for a daily oc. if your cooler can handle the temps. Typically 1.33 is the sweet spot.

for the board i have do i set the vcore to say 1.33 or what? i mean is there a offset or soemthing or just leave offset off?

from what i could see he just set to manual voltage but i didnt see mention about pbo on or off

Yes, I am using the 3900X on my C7H. Replaced a 2700X. I am BOINC cruncher looking for more RAC. Right now the 3 gpu host is approaching the RAC of my 4 gpu 2920X host. All core clock of [email protected] and 3600CL14 Fast memory timings. Other than the issue with the WMI BIOS shutting off fan headers, I really like it. On the latest 2703 BIOS so I can boot my Ubuntu 19.04 development partition again. Run Ubuntu 18.04.3 normally as my daily driver. I can recommend it.

Back