• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with Gigabyte 970a-ud3p boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This should be interesting; for a long time I've been bemused by software-reported temperature and voltage readings that range from the unlikely to the physically impossible.
;)

Yeah, I'm very curious to know what the real temps are. I'm going to test with the gun on Monday after work.

The old buy it for fast and run it slow shett. Hehehe. No they were not happy campers at all when you posted. U rokken man.

RGone...ster.

EDIT:
I might need to clear something up. IF I buy really cheap and knowing it is both cheap and maybe iffy, well that is one thing for sure. But in the case of user "Golodkin", he is trying to dot all "i's" and cross all "t's" and buying what we just don't feel confident in those sticks that are 8gig in size from K...well that is to me a different story all together.

Well, my first post there should win the hearts of them. ;)

OK so today I had time to test the temps with my new iR temperature gun.

Whilst running a prime95 stress test, the results were as follows...

VRM heatsink temp showing 46c on temp gun (VR t1/t2 temps in hwinfo showing as 76c).

Pointing the gun at the chokes beside the vrm heatsink showed 56c.

CPU temp on hwinfo was showing 37c, and pointing the gun at the cpu it was showing 35c.

I tried to point the gun inbetween the vrm heatsink gaps to get a reading of the mosfets but the reading was the same.

I don't know what to make of this.

Temps inside are gonna be hotter than what an IR gun will read. Also color plays into it as well.

True, I did take that into account. It shows that the heatsink is working fine. I'm just going to leave my CPU at 4ghz, so it's fine.

Back