• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aorus Master Z390 RAM compatibility question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kreinzer

I'm building a After Effects workstation, and I'm wondering about the memory.

Is the 64GB F4-3200C14Q-64GVK kit compatible with the Aorus Master Z390? GSkill's QVL says yes, and I think GB's QVL says yes too, as well as PCPartpicker. I'm asking because it would be a big problem for me to replace the kit for another one if this one doesn't jive with the motherboard.

What are the chances that this kit won't work on the Aorus Master Z390?

Thanks in advance

It's in the list, though I'm a bit confused by what it says. Here's a paste of that row + the table explanation. That's the exact model number, but it says in the table 2Rx8 - does that refer to a kit of 2 x 8GB? Because on G.Skill's website here it says in the Specifications tab that this is a 64GB kit (4 x 16GB). Am I reading the table correctly?

GB Aorus Master.png

This.

That said, just because it isn't on it, doesnt mean it wont work. If you are looking for 100% certainty, get a 64gb kit off that list. :)

Is the one I posted just above the model in question? That's the one I'm looking for. G.Skill specifications say this is a 64GB kit, while I'm not sure what the Gigabyte's table says. Could you elaborate perhaps?

It's in the list, though I'm a bit confused by what it says. Here's a paste of that row + the table explanation. That's the exact model number, but it says in the table 2Rx8 - does that refer to a kit of 2 x 8GB? Because on G.Skill's website here it says in the Specifications tab that this is a 64GB kit (4 x 16GB). Am I reading the table correctly?

View attachment 203912
That's the kit. Not sure why its x8 though unless dual rank on 8gb means 16 per stick?

Yeah I'm having trouble interpreting the table as well. I'm not sure what 2Rx8 means.

Anyone have an idea if this model is the one and the same? G.Skill says it's a 64GB kit, while I'm not sure what Gigabyte claims in their table.

2R = dual rank memory. I'm pretty sure it will work.

Consider reaching out to Gigabyte for clarity in the meantime.

I posted on GB's forum, but they're not nearly as responsive as Overclockers, gotten no replies there.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The way I read it, it's 2Ranks x 8 DRAM devices, that's 8 sticks?

That's a good place to start...I'd also email them directly.

Tht kit in the first post is 4x16=64gb.. it could just be a typo on their part...

2R is likely 2 8gb ranks = 16.

Maybe look at a different kit and see how that value changes...

Yeah, it seems that 2Rx8 refers to a single stick, as in 2DRAM devices per stick (2 ranks). So I should be good with that model being in the list.

Back