• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquaero 6 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wytnyt

Registered
has anyone ever used 2 aquaero 6 controllers in the same build and using only one UI?
if so please explain how they were mated
TIA...

You can setup a second AQ6 as a slave unit however it needs to have the AQ5 slave firmware loaded into it as well as then having to remove it's front LCD display [you can simply undo the front 4 screws and unplug the display]..

Basically you turn the AQ6 unit into a AQ5LT which is a slave, as the AQ6 series does not officially support the slave function.....Only the earlier AQ5 units did.

Note that when you flash the AQ6 with the AQ5 slave firmware you lose a lot of the AQ6 features.

May I ask why you require 2 AQ6 units as I would have thought that the one unit would cover some quite complex and feature rich setups.

well mainly for the extra fan leads to avoid having to use splitter cables on the fans
thx for such a detailed reply

I'm using two. They will be both seen in aquasuite. You need to have both connected via usb. The only issue is feeding data from one into the other. Eg if you have a temp sensor on #1, it won't be seen by #2. At least, I've not seen a way.

The issue with using a 6 as a slave is you lose PWM and four temp sensors and all other connections.

Twin Aquaero

I'm using two. They will be both seen in aquasuite. You need to have both connected via usb. The only issue is feeding data from one into the other. Eg if you have a temp sensor on #1, it won't be seen by #2. At least, I've not seen a way.

The issue with using a 6 as a slave is you lose PWM and four temp sensors and all other connections.

Its quite possible to use two Aquaero at once, though there are some strange idiosyncrasies. I found that sometimes the units would forget all their labling; fans, controllers etc.
They also cant share input from software sensors.

Its easy enough to have a single overview page though. You just create a page same as you would with a single Aquaero but have different data sources for display objects.

Twin Aquaero.JPG

Isn't the Aquaero 6 good to 30W per channel?
Why are you worried about splitting on the leads...

thx guys for all the useful input
the biggest reason for this venture is to just experiment the different cooling abilities by manipulating different fans and such.with nearly 6k in this build,a few extra coins is worth it to be able to satisfy curiosities
right now im leaning towards pairing an A5 with one of my A6's.losing temp probes on one Aquaero is np problem because I have others on my link commander.
with an a5 an a6 and an link this gives me 12 individual fan controls,so thats likely the route ill go
maybe a new A7 will come out with 12+ fan leads,lol
thx all for the info

Its quite possible to use two Aquaero at once, though there are some strange idiosyncrasies. I found that sometimes the units would forget all their labling; fans, controllers etc.
They also cant share input from software sensors

I've seen the same issue from time to time. Also, as I've recently found out, you can have sw sensors across both, so long as the total between the two is </=8. It's a limitation with aquasuite as opposed to the hw, of which I've requested a fix for.

Isn't the Aquaero 6 good to 30W per channel?
Why are you worried about splitting on the leads...
I've got 9 AC F12 PWM fans on one channel. Relatively low draw fans that can come close to maxing out the controller. My original unit would trip pretty regularly, though it was ultimately RMAd as it started tripping without anything connected so...YMMV.

I already own an A6 xt with an A5 being shipped next week
can soneone direct me where to get the slave firmware at?
also Ive read the a5 needs to be connected to the A6,,will a 4 pin wire work for this and if so where on the devices are they to be connected?
thx guys...

Ive done a bit of reading it seems with fans,devices disconnected from the controller I then can flash the A5 as a slave
then disconnect the usb connection from the m/b and connect it to the A6's high speed aquabus connector on the A6 and then proceed to connect the fans,pumps,ect...
isall of this correct?

Last edited:
thx for the thread,that and another thread details most everything except I assume the usb from the slave connects to the high aquabus on the master A6.
can anyone confirm this?
thx

Noooo...you'll wreck them if you do it that way. Aquabus ports only connect to one another. USB is needed to flash FW, which only connects to the mobo. Once done, you can disconnect it as it's not needed.

Noooo...you'll wreck them if you do it that way. Aquabus ports only connect to one another. USB is needed to flash FW, which only connects to the mobo. Once done, you can disconnect it as it's not needed.

ahh,thx about $300 worth:cool:
another write up Id read sorta led me to think I connect the usb slave to the parent aquabus.

so its aquabus high speed slave to aquabus high speed parent.

Back