• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquastream Xt Ultra pump, Help with

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acemorgan

Registered
Anyone here have Aqua Computer's Aquastream Xt Ultra pump & the aquaero control monitor can please explain to me what get connected on the back of the Aquastream Xt Ultra pump & how it works with the Aquaero control monitor. I can not understand the connectors & what each one is for on the back of the pump.

About the connectors on the back of the pump Aquastream Xt Ultra. What are they for & how does it work?

"Ext. Temp" <----- What is this? Is this for connecting a temp. sensor to a cpu or gpu water blocks or something else...? would you connect it to the Aquaero control monitor?

"Aquabus/flow" <---- I don't know what aquabus is. What is it? I know flow as in a flow meter that gives (indicates) the flow rate or shows the flow pressure maybe? Wouldn't I connect the flow meter directly to the back of the Aquaero?

"Fan" <----- is this what you connect to the Motherboards CPU fan only. A direct line so that when theres a problem with the pump it can directly send a signal to the motherbord that turns off the computer (telling it ) by stopping the PSU. all together. Acts as a kill switch, right?

"RPM" <---- I dont understand why you would have this connector? and being Externally? I think is this for cheeking how fast the pump is going. revolutions per minuteIs this the speed of the pump you read in the aquasuiite softwares control panel only? I would think you'd get this information by it going thru the usb connection.

Attachments

• aquastreamXT_06.jpg
    aquastreamXT_06.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,900
  • ae_blau_500.jpg
    ae_blau_500.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 2,364
  • as_front_500.jpg
    as_front_500.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,836
The Aqua Computer Aquastream XT USB Eheim 12 Volt Liquid Cooling Pump was released in October of 2007 and has a significant increase in the range of its functionality compared to the previous model. The pump can interact with your computer using an internal USB cable and the Aquasuite software (downloadable via a link below). The pump can easily be monitored and controlled by your computer using the software suite. The pump report back temperatures from a thermal probe and even monitor a flow meter (probe and meter are not included) - all viewable through the Aquasuite software.

Among the new features is that the aquastream XT USB reports the pump rotation and automatically determines the maximum frequency so that reliable operation at maximum pumping capacity is guaranteed. All of the electronics circuitry is integrated into the back of the pump, including the power, USB, fan, Temp. probe and flow meter connectors. The pump chassis isn’t widened at all to accommodate the new electronics. Eheim’s proven mechanics still power the pump, providing reliable, smooth liquid flow that in unmatched by any other manufacturer. Compared to previous models, the aquastream XT has increased the head lift to 4.2 meters! This makes the XT one of the most powerful pumps on the market and it still remains virtually silent.

This performance increase is achieved through intelligent control of the unit using complex algorithms and onboard sensors that monitor rotor position, power consumption and input voltage (among other things) about 1000 times per second. The pump can operate at up to 6000 rpm! The pumping rate is automatically determined by the pump or can be controlled via the Aquasuite software. In either case, the optimum pumping efficiency is determined for you – though you can adjust it to your liking if you want less noise or more flow.

The computer receives a constant stream of data from the pump via the USB cable – this data is processed by the software and can be displayed on screen so you can check on your pump’s status at any time. Plus, the pump reports a fan-compatible tachometer signal to the motherboard so that your motherboard will automatically shut down your system in the event of a failure in the pump.

The pump features several internal temperature sensors and power level monitors that are all part of the pump’s intelligent protection functions. These programmed protection values protect the pump’s circuitry from potential damage and will trigger alarms in the software suite. If connected to the pump, a temperature sensor cable and flow meter can also trigger alarms – the software suite has freely configurable alarm thresholds and parameters.

Axis

Please I already know this from their website. dont copy & paste . I'd like to know from other peoples own words from using this
thanks

Sorry to say, I don't know of a single person here who uses that pump.
Not saying it's bad, it's not, but we know squat, nada, zilch about it, at least 99.9% of the posters here.

Try xtreme forums. They are the top of the xtreme PC and also watercooling world. And I mean worldwide.

if you go the EVGA forums theres a user named Whoebob send him a PM and he will tell you all about it.

the directions for the pump are confusing and ive seen this same post before but the USA directions are there they are just hard to find

Please I already know this from their website. dont copy & paste . I'd like to know from other peoples own words from using this
thanks

That copy/paste answers a few of your questions. You sound like you have it in hand and have no idea what to do with it. Have you contacted Aquastream to see if they can give you some answers?

Axis

Thanks guys for replying back. I do need alot of help with this pump & setting it up to my new system build. Yes I have been trying to get into the xtremesystems.org/forums/
there page cannot be found i assume there still down over past month now. the've changed to different servers i read somewhere. Aqua Compters is from germany they simply do not speak or understand basic english & the translation is very & extremely fustrating & annoying just like googles translation page japanese to english LOL. I got a english copy of the pumps manuel thats worthless. I've givin up racking my brain trying to make since of it. Its get me more angry & confused LOL. Yes theres only one place that i know of who sells there stuff here in the U*S* at sindwinders. Sharka used to do bussiness with them in past but have stop 7 or 8 months ago now. FrozenCpu's or performancePc's just sells there pump only I would really like to speak to someone who using there pumps & control monitor that can help me with my setup I planning on doin.
(just cheeked) it looks like extremes systems forums are back up again YEPEEE

oh thanks "Outhouse" for that users name "Whoebob" over at Evga forums I'll go join up there too

Back